• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Albert has been playing some tighthead for Bay of plenty. Seems to be going quite well.

T

tranquility

Predicting Albert Anae to have his break out season next year. Lots of potential, hopefully he stays at loose head and doesn't get shifted to hooker (fingers crossed Chibba stays fit).

Curtis Browning & JJ Taulagi to be regulars in the starting 15 come the end of the season.

I agree with all of this.

Albert, who has been aligned with the Reds for about a decade as a prop of considerable ability - is getting towards that penny dropping moment. He is so powerful, and is sanding down his scrummaging technique and really starting to blow pillars away in his counter-rucking efforts as an impact player at the back end of games. Should nail down a starting spot next year.

Curtis, is just incredible how he has been able to continually jump hurdle, after hurdle without a hiccup at this point. Considering the expectation that has been on his shoulders since he was 15, it shows incredible resilience and tenacity that he has kept developing at the rate predicted - because let's be honest the pressure placed on junior rugby players, who are still boys is enormous.

I have never seen Taulagi play, but he sounds like a great prospect.

T

tranquility

He is a 20 year old fullback who plays for UQ, and is still eligible for Samoa. Has been signed by the Reds as a development player.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Shipperley has been very frustrating for me over the past year. Plays like crap in some of his Super Rugby appearances and then looks like a man reborn against the Lions. Get it together Dom!

I agree re Shipperley. He has the talent but doesn't seem to be really applying himself. I suspect that he was even fairly ordinary playing at Premier Rugby level for The Filth - definitely against GPS in their game at Crosby Road.

T

tranquility

I agree re Shipperley. He has the talent but doesn't seem to be really applying himself. I suspect that he was even fairly ordinary playing at Premier Rugby level for The Filth - definitely against GPS in their game at Crosby Road.

Probably too per-occupied with that med degree he is doing.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Article in the Aust. today says that Anthony Milford (19 year old fullback for Canberra Raiders) is interested in a code switch if the Raiders won't release his NRL contract to move home to brisbane (wants to be here to help care for his sick dad). If we're in the business of picking up league players he fits the profile of exactly the type you want i.e young, played rugby all his life, performed very well in 1st grade this year, lightning quick etc.

The reds are probably in the market for one more back 3 player, and with Turner on board perhaps looking for experience isn't so important. Would be a good pick up if he wants in.

T

tranquility

If Anthony Milford wants to play union at the Reds, or is even merely interested in the idea, we should charter a flight to Balleymore immediately. He is so gifted, it makes my head spin. Blokes in the know say he is the best junior halves talent to come through junior footy since Thurston. I just hope he ends up in Brisbane in either capacity.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

I wouldn't mind seeing Shipperly converted to a 13. He has the required attributes. Do it now why he is young.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wouldn't mind seeing Shipperly converted to a 13. He has the required attributes. Do it now why he is young.
All the right attributes to be a 13 bar the ability to tackle. Leave him on the wing.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Would have been a lot more eager to see Morahan get a go at 13. Do not think he is needed there with CFS/Fainga'a/Tapuai/Toua all able to play there.

T

tranquility

He is actually a pretty decent defender

That he is, and he is certainly big enough, but you wouldn't call him the most natural footballer in the world. He still has a ways to go in a few of the finer points of the game, like passing for one.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Shipperly will never be anything but a winger because he has poor vision. If you watch him play he does not seem to read the game well.

A 13 needs to be very good in terms of vision and decision making (see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Fainga'a). Shipperely simply does not have that ability, and it is something that is hard to coach.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Shipperly will never be anything but a winger because he has poor vision. If you watch him play he does not seem to read the game well.

A 13 needs to be very good in terms of vision and decision making (see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Fainga'a). Shipperely simply does not have that ability, and it is something that is hard to coach.

Someone should remindl him he possesses those abilities........as he isn't showing them at the moment

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
It's interesting that Link has selected CFS in the squad to SA & Argentina.
He should gain some real experience from that which will be great for the Reds next year.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
It's interesting that Link has selected CFS in the squad to SA & Argentina.
He should gain some real experience from that which will be great for the Reds next year.

As long as his hamstrings stay in one place this year. Fingers crossed. :confused:

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.