• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
A winning Reds team and the roar of the crowd as the soundtrack to birth (none of that whale song shit). A true way for a little Queensland champion to enter the world.
Does James Horwill or the father get to cut the cord? Assuming they're different people.

T

TOCC

So Kimani Sitauti is in the WTS, who else is there...

Phil Kite - Prop
Scott Gale - Halfback
Andrew Ready - Hooker
Michael Gunn - Flanker
Jonah Placid - Fullback
Jake McIntyre - Flyhalf
Ulupano Seuteni - Flyhalf
Scott Malolua - Halfback
Sef Faagase - Prop
Maile Ngauamo - Hooker

T

tranquility

Can we read into the fact that Greene has not been named at all? Or is he too young to deduct anything?

Their is some serious talent in that squad, bodes very well for future depth.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So Kimani Sitauti is in the WTS, who else is there.

Phil Kite - Prop
Scott Gale - Halfback
Andrew Ready - Hooker
Michael Gunn - Flanker
Jonah Placid - Fullback
Jake McIntyre - Flyhalf
Ulupano Seuteni - Flyhalf
Scott Malolua - Halfback
Sef Faagase - Prop
Maile Ngauamo - Hooker
Is this confirmed?

Can someone fill me in on who Scott Gale is (ie: club,schoolboys).

Thought they'd have another prop in there, although I assume Phil Kite or Pettowa Parraka (probably the former) got an EPS.

So that leaves one other EPS spot....

Tranq, if Gunny and Placid are there, age wouldn't have anything to do with Greene

T

tranquility

Dion Taumata is not there either. EPS?

Have actually never seen him play, so not sure if he is still in favour or what he has been doing at club level.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I have been aware of squad list for a while now some the names listed by @TOCC where not names i have heard but that means nothing but adding to his list are people i definitely know are with the reds currently...

*denotes people i wasn't aware of

Phil Kite - Prop
Scott Gale - Halfback
Andrew Ready - Hooker
Michael Gunn - Flanker
Jonah Placid - Fullback*
Jake McIntyre - Flyhalf
Ulupano Seuteni - Flyhalf*
Scott Malolua - Halfback*
Sef Faagase - Prop
Maile Ngauamo - Hooker
Pettowa Parraka-Prop
Varesa Maitalini-Winger
Junior Fakosilea-Flanker
Sam Johnson-Centre
Sam Green-Flyhalf
Nigel Genia-Halfback

I also heard rumours that a hooker from GPS and lock who i can't remeber the name of have also been at training

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
That's more of the idea I had TD.

I'm still wondering when we will find out who has joined Enever, Kerevi and Kuridrani in the EPS.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Dion Taumata is not there either. EPS?

Have actually never seen him play, so not sure if he is still in favour or what he has been doing at club level.

Dion was on the verge of walking away from rugby in 2013 but took up a contract to play in Italy. Plenty of talent but I don't think we will ever see him reach his full potential.

T

TOCC

I should have emphasised that the list was an open question rather then anything definitive, it's only the names I've heard from a friend involved, could be right or wrong.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is this confirmed?

Can someone fill me in on who Scott Gale is (ie: club,schoolboys).

Scott gale was the captain of the uni colts for the last 2 years. Went to nudgee before that and was behind Scott malolua is schoolboy selection.

Very smart player with a good running game and a long pass on both sides. Still a lot to work on but would be perfect for the wider training squad.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
More importantly there is still a spot open in the main squad

Karmichael Hunt is flirting with a return to the rectangular field.

whilst he is unrealistic chance of joining reds (due to the broncos obnoxiously large salary cap space due to new tv deal)

Wonder if anyone thinks he'd be worthwhile? Be a position we need (10,15) & If he is a better rugby player from his time in AFL?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

whilst he is unrealistic chance of joining reds (due to the broncos obnoxiously large salary cap space due to new tv deal)

Wonder if anyone thinks he'd be worthwhile? Be a position we need (10,15) & If he is a better rugby player from his time in AFL?
I think he would make a really fine 15, but the only team that could afford to compete with the broncos salary is the waratahs unfortunately.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I think he would make a really fine 15, but the only team that could afford to compete with the broncos salary is the waratahs unfortunately.

Time for a joint venture with a Japanese club? Hunt plays for the Reds, then goes to Japan for their season.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hunt is strongly rumoured to be going back to the Broncos next year. They will have a strong fullback contingent if it happens.

T

TOCC

People will disagree given Izzy's 2013 form, but I've always thought and said on this forum that Karmichael would make a better rugby union player then Izzy. They are two distinctly different style of players though, its like comparing apples and orange's when you look at their actual skill sets and physical attributes.

Karmichael is a playmaker with great vision, and whilst he played fullback in Rugby League he was always filling that 2nd playmaker role outside of Lockyer, no doubt he would have moved to 5/8 had he still been at the club following Lockyer's retirement.

If the Reds were to chase him(which i don't think is going to happen) it would be for the fullback position, but ultimately he could play 10,12 or 15 if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.