• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Queenslanders are born with the chips on both shoulders? I always thought they were acquired over time.

Don't be jealous. If you want to jump ship we will accept you into the fold.

However if you then jump back you will be blacklisted forever.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Feeling like I am letting the team down. My 3yo girl has not been to a game yet and only worn her Reds clothes once. Boy coming in March so things will have to change. Watch out in 20 years when he breaks into the front row and debuts for the Wobs.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I became a dad for the first time in September to a beautiful little girl. I had bought a baby Reds jersey off ebay for her and she waited for it to turn up before she decided to arrive! That's when I knew she was a true Reds fan - she wasn't coming out until she had something decent to wear!

I really want to get the Baby Reds membership now but so she has the newer (better looking jersey) and the Reds Birth Certificate but I can't justify spending the cash on another jersey that will probably only fit her for a few months!

It's a bit big for her at the moment but I'm thinking, come S15 season next year it'll be about right! :)
View attachment 4330

Take the new one to a game & get the boys to sign it, frame it & give it to her on her 18th birthday. Look on it as an investment. Will appreciate much more than them Tahs things. :D

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Not a Dad yet but due to become an uncle for the first time in February. My brother is also a mad Reds fan so the little one is safe. What I have been eyeing off is the height chart in the online reds shop. Problem is that we are a family of short arses so the kid will probably hit the age of 20 and still not passed the height of Will Genia.

Soon to be Dad I think may be keen on Tah nappies. If he got to change shitty nappies, he can take pride in knowing his baby has soiled the enemy logo. :p

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Little baby boy is now a Reds member. Took me a bit to work out how to add him as a secondary member to my account, then I had to delete my renewal and re-add it to the basket as, for some reason, my $55 membership + $10 donation was coming up as $75!

Yes, I got the donation for both the baby and myself.

The new Reds online system is a big step up, but it's still a bit fiddly and buggy and could be slightly more intuitive to use. And it initially let me have my membership and baby's membership in my name. It's progress though.

Huge temptation to get the jersey.....maybe later though.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Most of the christmas stuff is ready, so I thought I'd take a shot at a 2014 Reds 23:

1 James Slipper
2 James Hanson
3 Jono Owen
4 Rob Simmons
5 James Horwill (c)
6 Ed Quirk
7 Liam Gill
8 Jake Schatz
9 Will Genia
10 Quade Cooper
11 Rod Davies
12 Mike Harris
13 Anthony Fainaa
14 Dom Shipperly
15 Lachie Turner

16 Saia Fainga'a
17 Albert Anae
18 Greg Holmes
19 Ed O'Donoghue
20 Beau Robinson
21 Nick Frisby
22 Ben Lucas
23 Chris Feauai-Sautia

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
For me, Taps is one of the players, like Aiden Tuoa, who is starting to look expendable with the current Reds roster. I know he's still young but with good younger talent coming through like F'Sautia, Kerevi, Kuridrani and JJ, if Taps can't regularly crack the starting lineup in 2014 he might be on the way out. Obviously three of the above mentioned blokes are untested at Super level and we know Taps can perform but there will be lots of blokes knocking at the door.

Mianjin

Frank Row (1)
Greetings fellow rugby people. Just wanted to add my hope and opinion that if healthy, Chris F Sautia may be the very wrecking ball that Queensland needs this coming season. Wonder though if his humility and youth might stand in his way. Was great to watch him in the Wallabies jumper. Hope that the EOYT hardened him up a bit to face this Super15 season. Very excited and behind our Red Army one hundred percent.

jamey jones

Frank Nicholson (4)
My team for 2014

1. James Slipper
2. James Hanson
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill
6. Edward Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz

9. Will Genia