• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
What would brand partnership executives know. Pfft.

Who do I email? The marketing team at the Reds or St George?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
MS Paint "artist's" impression - I'm not sparing any expense on this campaign clearly.

King George.jpg
Saint George.jpg

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Seriously though, would stuff like this do better as an email to the marketing divisions of the respective organisations or maybe a Facebook post on their walls (try and make it a bit humorous - tag the other FB Page etc) and hope it gains some public traction?

The former seems like it would be too easy to be ignored and not actually considered at all but the latter seems a bit cringe worthy and probably comes across like more of a joke.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
As far as marketing goes I am easily pleased, I just want to hear a low rumbling "Thoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr" yelled out by the crowd every time Tongan Thor gets the ball, kind of like "Beast" is yelled out.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good article on Moore here:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/9bda983cc79260110e437d1bc4519bad

some snippets

Not due back at training until January 9 following his Wallabies commitments, the Australian skipper trained by himself at Ballymore on Thursday to ensure he’s not too far behind his new Reds teammates next month.

Moore said part of his role at the Reds was to ensure the culture was right and assist in the development of the squad’s emerging players.

“Brad Thorn with the young forwards, doing a lot of stuff around work ethic and standards, and that’s important because it’s a long season. This is where you build those habits.”

“My goal is to help Andrew become the best hooker he can be.
“I want to help him with all the different areas of playing hooker at this level. He’s already done a lot of it. He had a great season this year.

I am a big believer a successful squad needs a lot of leaders (as long as those leaders realise sometimes they have to follow and perhaps they are specific focuses for their leadership).

We have a bunch of leaders in this squad, which should prove advantageous:

- Moore (Wallaby and Brumby captain)
- Slipper (Reds capatain)
- Simmons (Reds captain)
- Smith (Brumbies captain)
- Cooper (Reds captain)
- Talakai (Brisbane City captain)
- Frisby (Brisbane City captain)
- Tuttle (QLD Country captain)

And then there's guys like Kerevi, Houston and Hunt who have strong leadership traits as well.

It gives me a little hope.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
- Moore (Wallaby and Brumby captain)
- Slipper (Reds capatain)
- Simmons (Reds captain)
- Smith (Brumbies captain)
- Cooper (Reds captain)
- Talakai (Brisbane City captain)
- Frisby (Brisbane City captain)
- Tuttle (QLD Country captain)

And then there's guys like Kerevi, Houston and Hunt who have strong leadership traits as well.

Don't forget Higgers! Rebels captain!

B

Bobby Sands

Breaking the fourth wall for a second - don't get me started on that BS.

As great as that organisation's mission is, have they delivered ANY change lately?

Which fourth wall did you break? Must have been subtle.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
10s squad will be interesting,tough to figure out.

Teams are contractually obligated to field 5 of their top 10 highest paid, but I'm also going to guess those coming back from Japan might get a bit of a rest and be used the next week in the trial.

Really tough with the forwards, front rowers are crucial in 10s but not 7s, which means a disproportionate number of positions going to front rowers (3 starters & 2 bench) compared to other forward positions which would theoretically be more useful in open play. Ideally, at least 1 proper (ideally the reserve) is capable of playing both sides of the scrum. The need to carry a number of less mobile front rowers to me suggests that locks will be the ones to miss out. Some would say flankers but I believe they offer to much in the high speed, open play. Key players would be those mobile no.8s and larger backrowers with 7s experience, preferably that can jump and dominate collision zones! Perfect examples would be Higginbotham and Holloway, with impact off the bench coming in the form of a bigger body (lock), preferably with a bit of speed or quick hands, and a out and out flanker.

For the Reds, if Japanese players weren't picked.

1. Slipper 2. Ready 3. Thor
4. Simmons 5. Timu

6. Frisby 7. Quade 8. Kerevi 9. Nabuli 10. Hunt

11. Moore 12. Faagase 13. L.Tui 14. Gunn 15. Tuttle 16. DP 17. Perese 18. Maranta

Part of me wants Magnay out there because of his sheer size and speed, but to me it's either him or Perese.

Tahs have a great selection of speed in robinson and kellaway, sheer mass in naiyaravoro, and the elusive, man beating runs of Pimone and Folau. Not to mention great lineout/impact backrowers in dempsey & holloway, as well as Hoops and ex 7s players Wells. Pretty lucky

Brumbies and Rebels also blessed to have size, speed and 7s experience with their outside backs which will make them hard to handle in open field. Naivalu, Koroibete & Fou (Rebels), Speight, TK, Taliuali & Toua (Brumbies)

Force will get a chance to throw even bigger outside backs Rona and Peni into the mix.

We definitely have the best THP and Playmaker for the game, but without Higs and multiple reaaaaaalll man on man face tearing speed and power that the other backlines can produce, I think we will struggle, which makes me sad.

Rebels will do well, with mcmahon, Timani and god forbid, if available A.Mafi, making a mess of people, guys like naivalu, koroibete and fou will run rings around oppositions, even backups in Shipperly and Placid have got stupid speed to burn. They are my Pick of the aussie teams with the Blues to be champions.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Hawko, I'm thinking that maybe I oughtn't be cluttering up the Reds thread with my thoughts, but one last go. George is a favourite of mine (and most others I'd guess), and imo is the best player I've seen turn out for the Wallabies. .

Well that proves you haven't seen many play rugby then... So don't clutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
When do we find out about 15's trials? I am sure part of the 10's plan was to have trial games in the week before and after in SEQ.

Love the reds but I am keen to see an international trial game

Status
Not open for further replies.