• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Talk about some of you blokes missing the point....

He's lucky simply because there has been no other 10 that has really stepped up. There is a vacuum and THAT is why he is lucky

Does anyone really think that if McIntyre / or another had played the house down this year the Reds would even be talking to Quade !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Talk about some of you blokes missing the point..

He's lucky simply because there has been no other 10 that has really stepped up. There is a vacuum and THAT is why he is lucky

Does anyone really think that if McIntyre / or another had played the house down this year the Reds would even be talking to Quade !!!!!!!!!!!!!

<sigh>

Yes. Eg Ready "played the house down" and we still spoke to Squeak. But, no. Your point isnt missed. Just some of us simply find it a tad supurfluous.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
<sigh>

Yes. Eg Ready "played the house down" and we still spoke to Squeak. But, no. Your point isnt missed. Just some of us simply find it a tad supurfluous.

Too be fair, we've seen a number of players suffer from second year syndrome. Squeak won't hinder Ready's progress and if anything will increase his ability to contribute to the team and improve Ready's overall game.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Don't worry about Ready getting opportunities to start, St Catastrophe of the Injuries'll take care of that. She always does.

Apart from any divine intervention every Super squad needs quality cover, especially at 2 and 9.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Objectively he has not consistently played well at any level since 2011. He was let go at the reds. He failed to shine at Sevens. Toulon were happy to let him go. The bloke is made of Teflon.
Did you not watch the second half of 2013?

Quade was never let go from the reds. He was out of contract and his management decided to be idiots about it. From all reports Quade really wanted to stay for 2016 (there were articles about how he tried to get his Toulon contract bought out before he even played a game for them).

It was the first time he'd ever played professional sevens and he didn't do that badly. Granted, he made errors while playing sevens..................THAT MOST NEW SEVENS PLAYERS MAKE.

At Toulon he was a square peg in a round hole. For Boudjellal to call him out is very inappropriate for a club owner and probably was one of the reasons he left Toulon. Clearly, you are incorrect about your judgement of Quade and contravened commandment number 3 of the 10 Queensland Rugby Football Union Commandments: Thou shalt not criticise Quade Cooper

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
<sigh>

It is so very hard to reason with the unreasonable

Time to take the Blinkers off !

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely the most unreasonable opinion expressed on this page is that Quade Cooper is lucky that McIntyre didn't turn into a world beater in one season and get rid of the need for the Reds to want to sign him again.

That would have been longer odds than Leicester winning the EPL.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Did you not watch the second half of 2013?

Quade was never let go from the reds. He was out of contract and his management decided to be idiots about it. From all reports Quade really wanted to stay for 2016 (there were articles about how he tried to get his Toulon contract bought out before he even played a game for them).

It was the first time he'd ever played professional sevens and he didn't do that badly. Granted, he made errors while playing sevens......THAT MOST NEW SEVENS PLAYERS MAKE.

At Toulon he was a square peg in a round hole. For Boudjellal to call him out is very inappropriate for a club owner and probably was one of the reasons he left Toulon. Clearly, you are incorrect about your judgement of Quade and contravened commandment number 3 of the 10 Queensland Rugby Football Union Commandments: Thou shalt not criticise Quade Cooper

Re:
Para 1 - Yes

Para 2. As far as I am aware the player can tell his manager that he wants to stay and proceed with negotiations based on that. QC (Quade Cooper) is no mug and determines where he would like to play and the $$$$ involved. Quade is the bloke who signed the paper/contract. It is too late to change your mind after having second thoughts.

Para 3. For whatever reason it didn't wotk out Fact is that it didn't

Para 4. Toulon paid well but QC (Quade Cooper) didn't perform to THEIR expectation and was let do - fact

In respect of your last part of Para 4 - Commandment Number 3 of the 10 Queensland Rugby Football Union Commandments: Thou shalt not criticise Quade Cooper[ I have clearly contravened same and I unreservedly apologise for such infraction.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Surely the most unreasonable opinion expressed on this page is that Quade Cooper is lucky that McIntyre didn't turn into a world beater in one season and get rid of the need for the Reds to want to sign him again.

That would have been longer odds than Leicester winning the EPL.

Why ?

That is a most reasonable opinion

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Re:
Para 1 - Yes

Para 2. As far as I am aware the player can tell his manager that he wants to stay and proceed with negotiations based on that. QC (Quade Cooper) is no mug and determines where he would like to play and the $$$$ involved. Quade is the bloke who signed the paper/contract. It is too late to change your mind after having second thoughts.

Para 3. For whatever reason it didn't wotk out Fact is that it didn't

Para 4. Toulon paid well but QC (Quade Cooper) didn't perform to THEIR expectation and was let do - fact

In respect of your last part of Para 4 - Commandment Number 3 of the 10 Queensland Rugby Football Union Commandments: Thou shalt not criticise Quade Cooper[ I have clearly contravened same and I unreservedly apologise for such infraction.

The last part was a joke

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
How many players become star fly halves in their first year of Super Rugby?

How many of those players do so in a weak team?

What possible indication did Jake McIntyre give that he was going to be one of them?

Very very few if any, rarely and little (IMO)

But it was always possible - McIntyre had the unwavering support of MOC but hardly capalised on that. He looked the goods to me at the start of the season.

My point was that if he (Jake) had performed at a serviceable level, Quade would probably not be in the equation. The fact is, that McIntyre didn't and the door is wide open for a Quade return.

Surely that signifies an element of luck (to Quade's benefit)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I am sure Quade is counting his lucky stars that Jake McIntyre has not only not closed the door to his return to the Reds but also hasn't taken a spot in the Wallabies side.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

For your grace, and rugby alegiance you are forgiven. Now for you, the sun will be brighter, the beer will taste better. (Blinkers, what blinkers?)

Scrub, i think we agree more than not, it is just the weighting given to the pros and cons. I dont think Quade is the mesiah. I dont think he should be in the current WB squad, I'd prefer he was getting game time for Brisbane City.

When he returns, he'll have to unseat MacIntyre, yes high expectations, but I'd advise Stiles to make him do it. And he then has to play himself back into form. He never got there after his last injury, even though Cheika gave hime every chance (and still does).

But yes, I'm excited that he's back (soon). And yes, the beer really does taste better.

:)

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
i would have preferred quade to play the season with brisbane city as well, but with a lack of Quality flyhalves in Australia we didnt really have a choice but to put him in the wallaby squad

dru

Tim Horan (67)
i would have preferred quade to play the season with brisbane city as well, but with a lack of Quality flyhalves in Australia we didnt really have a choice but to put him in the wallaby squad

Yeah look, that's all good. But honest he's injury cover. (Wrap this as Foley, Gitts, To'omua) Quade is a long last.

Sooo, do you want him in a suit in the WB stands; or do you want him playing for City?

Answer to that is pretty clear in my head. Quade, earn your bloody stripes in the NRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.