• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/07/08/hunt-follow-after-return-with-souths

Interesting interview with Hunt on rugby.com.au - he reckons wants to stay in Brissy and return to Reds - which sounds no chance given Thorns position on such matters - but Cheika regularly been in contact with Hunt. Move to Brumbies to fill 12 would sound ideal move for K.Hunt, of course subject to Brumbies sponsors etc being ok with that and on a 1 strike and he is out.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
RN, I hardly think the majority of Brumbies' fans would be ok with that. The sponsors certainly would have a big say in that happening or not.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Frisby signed to Glasgow for the coming season.

http://glasgowwarriors.org/news/18/07/07/warriors-sign-wallaby-frisby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting juxtaposition:

Scenario A: Reds/QRU see Frisby as a 'problem player with attitude/application problems that can't be fixed (or that they don't care to try to fix)'.

Scenario B: Rennie - unarguably one of the finest modern Super Rugby coaches who resurrected a faulty Chiefs to multiple Super Rugby titles - and Taylor - who greatly aided the Reds' rapid improvement 2010-11 to win a Super Rugby title - both see Frisby as a talented player with much skill and potential that they want to work with.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Frisby was the best scrumhalf in Aus in 2016, I still wonder what could have been if he had kept that form going in the spring and carried it to 2017. Clearly has talent and it will be interesting to see how he develops in a different environment.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

Scenario A: Reds/QRU see Frisby as a 'problem player with attitude/application problems that can't be fixed (or that they don't care to try to fix)'.

Scenario B: Rennie - unarguably one of the finest modern Super Rugby coaches who resurrected a faulty Chiefs to multiple Super Rugby titles - and Taylor - who greatly aided the Reds' rapid improvement 2010-11 to win a Super Rugby title - both see Frisby as a talented player with much skill and potential that they want to work with.
I've heard on the grapevine that members of the QRU have been instrumental in making this happen. It's recognised that he has the talent, but it'd be better for everyone if he left Brisbane at this point in his life

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I've heard on the grapevine that members of the QRU have been instrumental in making this happen. It's recognised that he has the talent, but it'd be better for everyone if he left Brisbane at this point in his life

I doubt that an HC of Rennie's self-confidence and calibre would in any way be persuaded or influenced by 'members of the QRU making this happen'; for certain he'd only recruit on demonstrable merit and a very careful assessment of the current playing capability and attitudinal/discipline state of any recruit.

What I can grasp is the QRU's extreme keenness to get his cost off their books. Their huge 'high cost rejects' $ cost is forcing obvious low-cost mediocrity elsewhere.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)

Matt Taylor isn't part of Glasgow anymore, just with Scotland but I think what Frisby was saying is he gave him positive feedback on the club as a place to play. Dave Rennie we know is good and Jason O'Halloran (ex Hurricane/AB centre, Manawatu ITM coach and former Scotland attack coach) is the assistant- both will be good for him. I hope that he succeeds there, I recall his speed in defence at times, seems to be another man-management thing.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The Reds have launched their Indigenous Round jerseys for 2018

You can bid on one of the players signed jerseys here
https://bit.ly/2MUeNJi
2dac94180c06ed79d800d90bb2c7c645.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
To be fair, they're piggy backing off Stiles' hard work over the preceding 3-4 years as Forwards coach, Co-Coach and then Head coach. We've had the strongest scrum in Australia for a few years now

I disagree!! Joejohnzy
The scrum has only become a major weapon this year. Most of the forwards boys came thru with Thorny from the 20's. The front row is brand new. Smith boys, Taniela(1yr), Brandon, ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Smith, Wright, Hockings. are Reds newbies.
Gone : Slipper. Sef &Talakai, Kiwi,(ones who I could credit Styles to have worked with).
Credit is therefore, to be fair, Thorny entrusting physio man Crapper with the 'dark areas" of scrummaging.

Crapper is just that. After getting chucked out of a Brisy pub for drunk and aggressive behaviour after the first Wallabies game he's ;ost the "respect" of many players.

He should have lost respect of Brad (RG) Thorn as well as the Board.

That is a joke.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Good on ya Pickle for signing in Scotland.

Keep the career ticking over.

Reds are lucky you didn't decide to sit on your arse for another year (like QC (Quade Cooper))

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I guess BR I was talking as a footballer I thought Hunt would be good acquisition for Brumbies to fill the 12 hole but yes equally could understand if fans/sponsors against it. It might well be to play rugby again will need to go overseas.....Cheika still talking to him so perhaps he is hopeful some other franchise might take him on.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Really ? Pretty design I guess !

I wonder what "dreamtime stories" the dots tell ?

Now that would be an interesting thing IF anyone knows ?
Butchulla artist Samantha Booth designed it
"This design was created to represent that all roads lead to home. With the hands as the central element, representing how family is at the core of every home. The warm colours represent the earth we stand on the dots represent different places across Australia, the animals represent bush food in Woorabinda and other communities, and the lines visually demonstrate that no matter where you go, you always come home.

http://bit.ly/2NCIz6T plenty more here. It's a nice rugby story

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Really ? Pretty design I guess !

I wonder what "dreamtime stories" the dots tell ?

Now that would be an interesting thing IF anyone knows ?

Sorry to burst your bubble

Reds players Moses Sorovi and George Smith unveiled the unique Indigenous Round jersey, designed by Samantha Booth, whose three children Shelley (Year 9), Dinequa (Year 8) and Natalie (Year 7) are Reds Future Indigenous Leaders Program participants in Woorabinda, Central Queensland.

The program seeks to identify young Indigenous leaders from remote communities and mentor them from school years 6-10, ensuring they display positive behaviour and attend school.

Samantha is a proud Butchulla woman. The Butchulla people are the Traditional Owners of K'gari (Fraser Island). She is currently a Special Education (& Well Being) Teacher Aide at Woorabinda State School.

"The Reds Future Indigenous Leaders Program is outstanding, and I can see how my three children are benefitting from being part of it - which will certainly help them in the future.

"This design was created to represent that all roads lead to home. With the hands as the central element, representing how family is at the core of every home. The warm colours represent the earth we stand on the dots represent different places across Australia, the animals represent bush food in Woorabinda and other communities, and the lines visually demonstrate that no matter where you go, you always come home.

"My first experience of Rugby Union was playing for the Maryborough Wallaroos and playing for Maryborough High School around the same time," Samantha said.

Status
Not open for further replies.