• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Frisby didn’t surprise me, there’s been talk of him looking to leave the club for months now...

Quade actually turned up to preseason training thinking he had a gig for 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Frisby didn’t surprise me, there’s been talk of him looking to leave the club for months now.

Quade actually turned up to preseason training thinking he had a gig for 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't believe Frisby was looking to go anywhere but the Reds and his dumping was a total surprise to him. Same as with the Prop and Quade.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Is there anything built into these contracts that prevent rugby players participating from other sporting activities that are not sanctioned? I know your not allowed to ski or ride motorbikes in some contracts due to risk of injurys but what about other sports?

I only ask because i spied the other week that one of these released players (won't mention which one, I'd hate allegation to get back up the QRU pyramid) was spotted in a facebook/instagram post being invited to play soccer with a social team in either training or midweek competition.

Wondering if the QRU has waived this clause (if it exists) for said players back at clubland.

I guess it maybe me over thinking it all because in Quades case he is allowed to box.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Quade was at his best when Link was coaching him and he could be in the pocket and let the forwards and the 9 grind (often around the corner as quickly as they could) until they got fast ball and a mismatch. He would then call for the ball and leverage the mismatch

To play that style takes a significant commitment from the team to play to those strengths

And there are very few sides today that build a game centering around the ball playing of the 10 to create the majority of the opportunities.

Today, due to NZ's influence, the game is more about ensemble play, playing flatter and quality catch and pass skills of the team to leverage those mismatches

Indeed- the biggest change I have seen in rugby in the last 3 years in the upskilling of forwards.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It will be interesting to see how the Reds piggies go. A real mixture of some upandcomers and hard heads.

Slipper, Higgers, Smith and Dougo being the experienced hard blokes and Wright, Rodda, Thor, Tui, Mafi, Sef, Morgan plus ( and some of those are getting experienced as well) some will bring that youthful enthusiasm.

It really should be a good mix.

One bloke who seems on the outer nowdays is Gunn. He never seemed to dominate on his limited chances over a couple of years and certainly left the door wide open for young Liam.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It will be interesting to see how the Reds piggies go. A real mixture of some upandcomers and hard heads.

Slipper, Higgers, Smith and Dougo being the experienced hard blokes and Wright, Rodda, Thor, Tui, Mafi, Sef, Morgan plus ( and some of those are getting experienced as well) some will bring that youthful enthusiasm.

It really should be a good mix.

One bloke who seems on the outer nowdays is Gunn. He never seemed to dominate on his limited chances over a couple of years and certainly left the door wide open for young Liam.

Smith's out isn't he?

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
2018 jersey is out. Looks the goods I reckon. Definitely liking the darker shade of red. I wonder if they're setting it up for a transition back to maroon in 2019?

Doesn't appear to be an away/clash jersey out yet, but there is a nice maroon 'Heritage' jersey so I wonder if they will wear that when they play the Lions and Sunwolves? I hope so.

The fact that Quade, the highest profile player in the squad, is not being used to sell the new merchandise might be the clearest sign yet that he's gone for 2018.
037a78e43d866f964fbc366adc2aedad.jpg

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
pushing young guys in advertising is one thing, but would still be a better seller to use known players. Like....Tupou, Hunt & Slipper

Status
Not open for further replies.