• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

S&C staff have had a bit of a makeover as well:

S&C Head Coach: Nikalas Superina, previously in Italy in Japan as S&C coach
S&C Coach: Daniel Cooper, previous S&C and SF Operator at the SAS in Perth

Interesting mix, Daniel Coopers mentality towards training will no doubt suit Brad Thorns more traditional theory and attitude training, not sure how Nikalas Superina fits into the picture, hasn't been in Australia for the past decade.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
S&C staff have had a bit of a makeover as well:

S&C Head Coach: Nikalas Superina, previously in Italy in Japan as S&C coach
S&C Coach: Daniel Cooper, previous S&C and SF Operator at the SAS in Perth

Interesting mix, Daniel Coopers mentality towards training will no doubt suit Brad Thorns more traditional theory and attitude training, not sure how Nikalas Superina fits into the picture, hasn't been in Australia for the past decade.

I was just about to mention these two guys. Lots of experince and the SAS stuff is just scary.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
As expected, Carozza will join coaching team:

Carozza will join newly appointed Head Coach Brad Thorn and recently appointed Assistant Coach Tony McGahan to form the coaching team for 2018

I managed to miss this. Who is Carozza and what is he like? I thought we had reports here that Tony had decided to move on. With or without Tony, it still seems very light on in terms of coaching staff.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I managed to miss this. Who is Carozza and what is he like? I thought we had reports here that Tony had decided to move on. With or without Tony, it still seems very light on in terms of coaching staff.

who's Paul Carozza? Gees. Kids today. Wallaby player of the year in 1992! John Kirwin's nemesis.. The subject of Richard Loe's elbow's affection. He's been involved in talent ID and coaching the best and brightest in QLD for ages and assistant coach to Thorn in QLD U20s and NRC this year. THey seem to get on very well. Here's the blurb from his bio:http://www.redsrugby.com.au/Reds/TeamStaff.aspx

Double Agent

Allen Oxlade (6)

Hi Dru, take a look at this, as Reg says he famously got smashed after scoring a try v the ABs but still managed to play on and score the try to win us the game. Small bloke, quick elusive winger, but pound for pound one of the toughest I've ever seen play. One of my favourite Reds of all time. Go to around 1:20 in this recap from Fox Rugby HQ - sorry mods if this is against forum rules.

ArmchairGeneral

Ward Prentice (10)
Oz conference will be competitive next season but I think we’ve got the goods to finish on top of the conference in the next 2-3 years. Our doctor is also top notch now, really rate Daelyn Cullen. Plus Squabba, how good!

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
really light on in centres - not even a development option like horan or riley - hope the next batch of qld u20s unearth something. Feel a bit sorry for ngamano (spelling), hopefully he gets another crack at u20 if he's young enough.

Doubt Manu will stick around, but he would be great in the wings as a back up THP, (ahead of sanday. Whilst good to see a young prop like Hoopert get a go, pretty sure he is the 4th LHP behind slipper, faagase & vanzati

I imagine Hoopert, Mcdermott, the new winger and maybe like ASY (Angus Scott-Young) are still development.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Carozza is the right kind of nepotism. Great player with a lot of heart and toe. Been around Qld rugby for 15 years coaching our younger sides. He bleeds Queensland Reds. I'd have loved someone with experience at a higher level but I just can't see Paul letting us down.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think we are seeing the right changes but let's just take the season 1 game at a time and build our season in that fashion.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Carozza is the right kind of nepotism. Great player with a lot of heart and toe. Been around Qld rugby for 15 years coaching our younger sides. He bleeds Queensland Reds. I'd have loved someone with experience at a higher level but I just can't see Paul letting us down.

Paul has been around for a long time from the Academy days All the players respect him as a coach and as a bloke. Great choice IMO

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Hi Dru, take a look at this, as Reg says he famously got smashed after scoring a try v the ABs but still managed to play on and score the try to win us the game. Small bloke, quick elusive winger, but pound for pound one of the toughest I've ever seen play. One of my favourite Reds of all time. Go to around 1:20 in this recap from Fox Rugby HQ - sorry mods if this is against forum rules.

AHHH yes, my early drinking days at Ballymore featured singing the Paul Carozza song at full voice. Not much to the song, just singing his name over and over again. Be good to dust it off.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
really light on in centres - not even a development option like horan or riley - hope the next batch of qld u20s unearth something. Feel a bit sorry for ngamano (spelling), hopefully he gets another crack at u20 if he's young enough.
Ngamanu is no longer eligible for 20’s and I heard the Reds were not too keen on him or Riley and only offered them a no contract training gig, they must have someone else in mind. Alex Horan and Tony Hunt could be the development players in the squad at centers but I can’t se them getting a run any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.