• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I also thought about looking at the coaches in roles leading up to the championship win. If you have this handy, please post.

Can't say I have it all handy. I always thought doing a relationship/social style mapping for the coaches and roles etc would be interesting to see what the threads of success might be.

I'm conscious however that I don't want to hijack this Red's thread as we're vearing a little off topic.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
am hearing that the 'reformed' JOC (James O'Connor) may not be as reformed as has been proclaimed following a late night incident on their recent tour.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
am hearing that the 'reformed' JOC (James O'Connor) may not be as reformed as has been proclaimed following a late night incident on their recent tour.

Where is the facepalm emoji when you need it? Hopefully, he didn't drag anyone else into it with him.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

I know you usually have good mail Reg, but it's funny how quickly everyone jumps onto a vague rumour. I wonder what his misdemeanor was? Was it a trip up or a fully blown jumping off the wagon?
I'll reserve any judgement until details come to hand.... If they do.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
If it happened on tour and he started last week , hopefully only a minor incident.

Unless of course BT wasn’t made aware of it until this week .

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Jock is the Reds biggest liability in the backs. His running game does not make up for his poor kicking game or inability to control the ball. Hegarty or Lucas should be at 15.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Jock is the Reds biggest liability in the backs. His running game does not make up for his poor kicking game or inability to control the ball. Hegarty or Lucas should be at 15.

yknjsthumbnail.jpg

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Question for Queensland fans, I've watched wright alot and his a blood good seven and from what Ive seen (if his moved to 6 when McReight comes on) not that great a six, even his game play is seven. Will this be an issue for the Reds I do feel McReight plays a more 6 game and ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is bloody good.

Just in your perfect make up of a back row, could McReight take Wrights 7 jersey ?

Also I watched Michael Wood alot in under 20's I felt he was a backrower playing lock... but more a 6 , is that true or is he a lock ?

All these questions are from a good place ? I just asking as I havn't seen enough to know.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
I can’t believe no one is talking about trying to bring Nick Jooste back to Qld playing 12. He is a prodigious kick of the ball in general play and his goal kicking is second to none from anywhere in the opposition half. His running game improved hugely during his year in Brisbane club rugby in 2018.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
McReight to 7 and Wright to 6, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) in the row, Wilson at 8. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) on the bench. McReight is the 2nd coming of Pocock.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I don't get the Pocock comparisons. He clearly plays a different style of game.

I thin McReight, Wright, Wilson can work but would need a bulky second row as they are all a little light.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don't get the Pocock comparisons. He clearly plays a different style of game.

I thin McReight, Wright, Wilson can work but would need a bulky second row as they are all a little light.
Purely because he pulls off miracle pilfers at will. I actually think he has a much more rounded game than Pocock did at his age.