• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Will try to update squad lists but this is what I have very quickly from the top of my head. Let me know what needs updating and changing:

CONTRACTED:

Hookers:

Alex Mafi -2022
Brandon Paenga-Amosa - 2021

Props:

Taniela Tupou - 2023
JP Smith - 2020
Feao Fotuaika - 2021
Harry Hoopert - 2023

Locks:

Lukhan Salakaia-Loto- 2022
Angus Blythe - 2023
Izack Rodda - 2023
Harry Hockings - 2020

Backrow:

Harry Wilson - 2023
Fraser McReight - 2023
Liam Wright - 2021
Angus Scott-Young - 2021
Seru Uru - 2021

Scrumhalf:

Moses Sorovi -2020
Tate McDermott - 2023
Scott Maloula - 2020

Flyhalf:

Bryce Hegarty - 2021
Hamish Stewart - 2022

Centres:

James O'Connor - 2021
Jordan Petaia - 2022
Chris Feauai-Sautia - 2020

Wings:

Filipo Daugunu - 2023
Jock Campbell - 2022
Henry Speight - 2021

Fullback:

Jack Hardy - 2020
Isaac Lucas - 2020?

Reds Wider Training Squad:

Carter Gordon - 2020
Sean Farrell - 2020?
Tom Kibble - 2020
Josh Nasser - 2020?
Michael Wood - 2020?
David Feao - 2020 (Prop)
Tuaina Taii Tualima (Lock)
Hunter Paisami (Centre)

Reds Development Squad:

Wilson Blythe - 2022

Beyond:

Suliasi Vunivalu - 2022

GONE:
Duncan Paia'aua - Toulon
Sefa Naivalu - Stade Francais
Scott Higginbotham - Bordeaux
Samu Kerevi - Suntory
Caleb Timu - Montpellier
James Tuttle - REBELS
Aidan Toua - Honda Heat
Matt McGahan - ??
Efi Ma'afu -
Gavin Luka - (2019)
Adam Korczyk - (2019)
Teti Tela - (2019)
Will Eadie - (2019)
Ruan Smith - Rebels

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I know it is heavily rumoured, but has Kerevi’s departure definitely been confirmed?

Edit: Yes, I am desperately hoping he has a change of heart and hasn’t actually signed

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Queensland Reds have lost their captains of the past two seasons, with Samu Kerevi heading off to Suntory Sungoliaths in Japan following the World Cup, and 2018 skipper Scott Higginbotham having signed with Bordeaux in France.
There is, however, some welcome news for the Queensland Rugby Union with rumours that rising Test tighthead Taniela Tupou was not happy at Ballymore being strongly refuted. The 22-year-old Tongan is already signed through to the end of next season and it is understood he has asked his agent to explore the possibility of a deal with Rugby Australia that will take him through to the 2023 World Cup.
Already it has been confirmed that Reds and Wallabies winger Sefa Naivalu is to join Parisian club Stade Francais at the end of the season, while inside centre Duncan Paia’aua is headed to Toulon. Rumours continue to swirl around Wallabies Test No 8 Caleb Timu, whose slow start to the Super Rugby season was compounded by a recent Premier Rugby suspension.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
in this order
McDermott
Combo of 2 from 3 Hookers (BPA, Mafi, Ma’ufu)
Stewart
CFS
Wright
Hoopert
Gordon
ASY (Angus Scott-Young)

That would be my priority list of who to try to retain.

I’m not sold on Hegarty long term... Think Thorn didn’t want Cooper, was happy to get Hegarty but will look elsewhere in 2020.. If he comes back. So be it. His good but not fantastic!

Adam Korczyk has got to go. It’s a real shame he is wasting a spot at the Reds when there’s more worthy players slugging it out in Qld Premier Rugby

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
in this order
McDermott
Combo of 2 from 3 Hookers (BPA, Mafi, Ma’ufu)
Stewart
CFS
Wright
Hoopert
Gordon
ASY (Angus Scott-Young)

That would be my priority list of who to try to retain.

I’m not sold on Hegarty long term. Think Thorn didn’t want Cooper, was happy to get Hegarty but will look elsewhere in 2020.. If he comes back. So be it. His good but not fantastic!

Adam Korczyk has got to go. It’s a real shame he is wasting a spot at the Reds when there’s more worthy players slugging it out in Qld Premier Rugby

No Isaac Lucas....you've got to be kidding!!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So you would be happy to let him go? He's not a priority to you?

He is young, he is versatile but he probably would not feature in my Reds 23 (that’s a fully healthy red squad mind you)

The Reds are going thru a major injury crisis with outside backs and Lucas has been forced into the spotlight... I just recall young Lucas being a NRC qld country substitution and not an actual starting XV player. That may change this year with the post World Cup departures.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
He is young, he is versatile but he probably would not feature in my Reds 23 (that’s a fully healthy red squad mind you)

The Reds are going thru a major injury crisis with outside backs and Lucas has been forced into the spotlight. I just recall young Lucas being a NRC qld country substitution and not an actual starting XV player. That may change this year with the post World Cup departures.

I hear what you are saying but I think you have your wires crossed. I think you will find that it was his brother Tom in the Qld Country line up. He came back from Aussie7's. I'll check up on this. I have heard young Isaac was player of the tournament in the U20's here on the Gold Coast. I watched 2 games and he went very well

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Isaac starred for Brisbane City in the URC (the U19 NRC) and didn't play NRC.

Tom Lucas played, occasionally, for QLD Country in the NRC

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
What’s Tom Lucas doing these days? Wasn’t he the 7s player who wanted to try 15s? did he go back to 7s???