• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Thanks, but there's a different outside back playing for the Brumbies from Brisbane I'd rather we lured up here.

Just telling you the mail I have. Agree that bringing Muirhead and Banks home would be a better outcome for you, but you missed the boat there I think

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Any word on hookers for 2020? Would be great to re-sign both Mafi and BPA.

Props won't be an issue. Hopefully Hoopert re-signs, he's one for the (pretty near) future.

Locks are fine, great depth.

It seems like an annual certainty, but Reds will be jettisoning some very exceptional young backrowers this season. Gotta play the game of who you think will develop least. Korczyk should be moving on. Losing Timu, Higginbotham and Korczyk should be enough to keep the rest of the talent.

Surely one of McDermott or Tuttle won't re-sign wit Sorovi already staying. Shame to lose either of them.

For the backs I have no idea. I've enjoyed the glimpses of McGahan and my opinion of Hegarty has really improved. But I think my expectations of the Reds is just so average and middling that if a player isn't half bad I'm happy with them. Really our standards should be higher and can't just build a backline around Petaia like we've seen with Kerevi. Need one of the surplus backs from the Rebels I think.

Reds should have a bit of money for a big signing or two no? All leaving players, especially Kerevi, would have been expensive and the rest of the team has great potential but aside from a few don't command big dollar. Also, Khunt, Slipper & Quade all come off the pay next year too.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Do the Reds really need a reserve Premiership lock, and do they especially really need to spend big money to get him?
His not the reserve premiership lock his been starting, but the rest of your post is true, the Reds don't need him, they should work on keeping the bunch they have.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
His not the reserve premiership lock his been starting, but the rest of your post is true, the Reds don't need him, they should work on keeping the bunch they have.
He's been starting because of injury to flanker Michael Rhodes. Itoje moves to 6 to cover that and Kruis is the other starting lock

Full strength Saracens has Big Willy on the bench

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Skelton looking to play in world cup this year by signing with aussie club in 2020. Reds should throw the cash at him

The only way we should go after him is if LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) does in fact want to return to NSW. Otherwise, Lock is definitely not an area we should be spending money at considering the guys in that role have probably been the best in the squad.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Well that's a solid replacement for Sefa Naiavalu, he brings some maturity to the Reds backline as well, its a fairly sensible signing

imageResize.ashx

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Speight and Sefa on either side. Just need to attack to get the ball out to them.

Edit - Nevermind.