• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I believe Goondi and Dalby pulled out only because of Covid restrictons which meant they couldn't operate their bars. All other teams except for UQ Gatton are playing. UQ Gatton may be because their student numbers are down because of Covid. The local league competition is not being played at all.
'

Thanks, it’s been a few years since I played up there, wasn’t sure whether the likes of Warwick, St George, Highfields or Condamine had A-grade teams anymore

manwithcaninhand

Peter Burge (5)
Teenager Mac Grealy made his premier grade debut (I think) and scored two tries. Also stopped two with cracking try savers.
His class is evident.
An exciting game indeed and young Grealy was most impressive - confident, very quick and has all the skills. Whenever he got the ball you just knew something was on. Look forward to watching him develop.

B

Bobby Sands

worth checking out the highlights of the UQ v Easts Premier Rugby game from the weekend. Teenager Mac Grealy made his premier grade debut (I think) and scored two tries. Also stopped two with cracking try savers.

His class is evident.

Music to the ears.

Was Samuela playing too?

B

Bobby Sands

worth checking out the highlights of the UQ v Easts Premier Rugby game from the weekend. Teenager Mac Grealy made his premier grade debut (I think) and scored two tries. Also stopped two with cracking try savers.

His class is evident.

Just watched, wowee.

About time Toowoomba produced another gem!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah his class Is apparent, I wouldn't put him down as a starter for 2021 just yet.... Still extremely young, but he could potentially be a handy replacement from the bench

dru

Tim Horan (67)
After watching them both play on the weekend, Mac has already taken over the fullback reins.

Wasn't suggesting otherwise. I just get confused where we see great great performances in Club as to what players are talked up and why. They both played back three and both stood out.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Yeah his class Is apparent, I wouldn't put him down as a starter for 2021 just yet.. Still extremely young, but he could potentially be a handy replacement from the bench
What and lose him like we did Gordon. Petaia, Gordon and Grealy are the best backs I have seen come through and system in years. Let’s hope they get it right with Mac.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
What and lose him like we did Gordon. Petaia, Gordon and Grealy are the best backs I have seen come through and system in years. Let’s hope they get it right with Mac.

Is that what I said?
weren’t you complaining last week about colts been promoted into the Reds side?

Reactions: dru

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Is that what I said?
weren’t you complaining last week about colts been promoted into the Reds side?
Yeah I was. You tell me how many Prems games Nongorr played last year? For that matter how many Prems games did Flook start in last year. Yet we wait and see who comes out the other side. Both players are not exceptional and not Super Rugby ready. But we’ll see how it plays out.
Mac is playing Prems this year and my comment was ‘2021 Reds starter’. I don’t think many would disagree.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Mac’s now played one game of senior footy , cracking talent , but maybe see how he handles the next 8-10 games of QPR before he is anointed with a Reds’ starting jersey .

Coaches and teams will have a chance formulate a plan to limit his impact .

How he bounces from that will be the test .

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Mac’s now played one game of senior footy , cracking talent , but maybe see how he handles the next 8-10 games of QPR before he is anointed with a Reds’ starting jersey .

Knowing a bit about Mac, he won’t hang around for any bullshit. The last thing the Reds need is another mass departure of quality players because of poor player management.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

Petaia one had one before starting in Super Rugby

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Knowing a bit about Mac, he won’t hang around for any bullshit. The last thing the Reds need is another mass departure of quality players because of poor player management.

RR If you are right, it would be an arrogant attitude for a youngster and not one that is likely to impress Thorn.

The suggestion he should start in 2021 seems fanciful. He is being presented from a (single) game in QPR where I dont at all see him as the player of the game, did play very well, as did other back three in his own team.

Like a good wine, let it mature. The bloke looks good, no need to over hype it.

Can I ask who his manager is?