• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Now much of this could change at the drop of a hat, but might as well give it a go.

Will try to update squad lists but this is what I have very quickly from the top of my head. Let me know what needs updating and changing:

CONTRACTED:

Hookers:
Alex Mafi -2022
Brandon Paenga-Amosa - 2021
Josh Nasser - 2022
Matt Faessler - 2021

Props:
Taniela Tupou - 2023
Feao Fotuaika - 2021
Dane Zander - 2021
Zane Nonggorr - 2022
Harry Hoopert - 2023

Locks:
Lukhan Salakaia-Loto- 2022
Angus Blythe - 2023
Ryan Smith - 2022
Tuaina Taii Tualima - 2022
Ben Grant - 2021

Backrow:
Harry Wilson - 2023
Fraser McReight - 2023
Liam Wright - 2021
Angus Scott-Young - 2021
Seru Uru - 2021
Sam Wallis - 2021

Scrumhalf:
Tate McDermott - 2023
Kalani Thomas - 2022
Moses Sorovi -2021

Flyhalf:
James O'Connor - 2021
Bryce Hegarty - 2021
Lawson Creighton - 2021

Centres:
Hamish Stewart - 2022
Jordan Petaia - 2022
Hunter Paisami - 2022
Josh Flook - 2022
Hudson Creighton - 2021
Isaac Henry - 2021

Wings:
Suliasi Vunivalu - 2022
Ilaisa Droasese - 2022
Filipo Daugunu - 2023

Fullback:
Mac Grealy - 2022
Jock Campbell - 2022

Reds Development Squad:
Tom Lynagh - 2023 - joins Aug 21
Taj Annan - 2023
Wilson Blythe - 2022

GONE:
Isaac Lucas - Released
Izack Rodda - Lyon
Harry Hockings - Released
Henry Speight - Biarritz
Ruan Smith - Hollywood
JP Smith - Hollywood
Carter Gordon - REBELS
Scott Maloula - Released
Sean Farrell - Released
Tom Kibble - Released
Michael Wood - Released
David Feao - Released
Jack Hardy - Released
Chris Feauai-Sautia - Released

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yep, a lot will depend on a broadcast deal and if RA manage to get some test match rugby played in Oct/Nov.

Without cash being generated could be a few more joining the last three on the list.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Noticed on the Brumbies 2021 thread that Reg also kicked off that Reesjan Pasitoa off contract with the Brumbies.

Could be a great long term option for the Reds at 10 if they can get him back up to Brisbane.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
If we have Carter Gordon already in the system why not just back him?
images (1).jpeg

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
If we have Carter Gordon already in the system why not just back him?
I rate Carter and the Reds pathways have put a lot of faith in him .

But he has been playing carrying injuries for the past couple of years .

I don’t doubt his courage or his ability, but have concerns about him staying injury free long enough to be the solution to who plays 10 for the Reds .

Hope I’m wrong about this , would love to see him kick on to his potential.

Reactions: TSR

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
What injuries The Nomad?

My understanding is he has had 1. a bung knee during NRC for putting too much weight on too fast and had to get a clean up on the miniscus or something. Also don't recall him being that injured during time at BBC.

If his form from club rugby is to be taken into account. You have a guy who got thru the whole season where the only games he missed were the 2 outings against Souths! (I believe 1 of the weeks was simply a rest week)

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yep similar bung knee he carried through his senior year , kept him out of Aussie U18’s last year and had him in the rehab group in Reds preseason in the lead in to the 2020 season.

He was very good for Wests last year and hope he stays fit .

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Noticed on the Brumbies 2021 thread that Reg also kicked off that Reesjan Pasitoa off contract with the Brumbies.

Could be a great long term option for the Reds at 10 if they can get him back up to Brisbane.

"back" to Brisbane? How long was he here for? He may opt to head "back" to Perth if the Force feature in whatever comp we have next year.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Didn’t say he was from Brisbane, he spent three years at NC after being “noticed” playing for WA in the U15 Gold Cup .
Played U16’s for Qld in 2017 , Qld Schoolboys 2018 and signed with the Brumbies during his final year at school after being in the Reds Academy before that .

No doubt plenty would claim him and plenty would be happy to have him .

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Pretty sure there's a sponsor who pays for Reesjan to play for the Brumbies, I would suspect once they know how much the broadcast deal is he will be signed again.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Thinking forward to 2021 it will be interesting how the Reds approach memberships. At what point will they know what they can offer? Will they want more dollars per game as they are local derbies, or will it be reduced as it is no longer Super Rugby?

Does the Reds contract with Suncorp only involve Super Rugby? Can the Reds get back to Ballymore if it is only an Australian competition?

So many details to sort out on top of the playing talent.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Does the Reds contract with Suncorp only involve Super Rugby? Can the Reds get back to Ballymore if it is only an Australian competition?

I hope not.

The back to Ballymore mantra is great in theory and brought up every year, but logistically it really isn't viable at the moment.

The place is literally falling apart and even on the weekends of club rugby finals, the lines for food and drink are horrendous. Some of my greatest rugby memories are at Ballymore but if the QRU want to utilize it properly, it needs a major overhaul.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^Any news on the redevelopment of Ballymore?

There would be very little point to playing there if crowds were allowed in it's current state.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hope not.

The back to Ballymore mantra is great in theory and brought up every year, but logistically it really isn't viable at the moment.

The place is literally falling apart and even on the weekends of club rugby finals, the lines for food and drink are horrendous. Some of my greatest rugby memories are at Ballymore but if the QRU want to utilize it properly, it needs a major overhaul.

Back to Ballymore makes perfect sense of there are no crowds. Assuming the lights are still broadcast standard.

Unless Suncorp is giving hirer's a massive discount

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Back to Ballymore makes perfect sense of there are no crowds. Assuming the lights are still broadcast standard.

Unless Suncorp is giving hirer's a massive discount

This thread is Reds 2021 isn't it? Do you think there will still be no crowds going along to sports in 12 months?

If RA/QRU are serious about putting rugby back on the map, now would be the perfect time for them to take advantage of the post-COVID funding to get construction projects happening and get the Ballymore development on the front burner. At least aim to get the main field fixed up and bring it into the current century in terms of amenities. Then I would definitely support a back to Ballymore approach in 2021.

Otherwise yes I would be asking Suncorp for a reduction in fees based on the number of patrons allowed in the Stadium. I'm sure they'll be trying to get as many going as possible, as soon as possible, with the Caxton St business also reliant on it.