• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
The Wilston station only services one line though. So youll have thousands of people having to switch at Roma or Central to get on the proper line. This isn't a problem for places like London, but given how poor our rail infrastructure and service is, it'll cause some major headaches.
Could always do what we did in the glory days. Stay back in the beer garden / can bar until midnight or so then get a taxi to the valley.

The joys had and stories that could be told !!!!!!!!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
0F25C950-6DAB-49A1-9A5E-7FBBCD60477B.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Sure, but that's an ongoing concern for Brisbane's rail network, not just unique to Ballymore. It also won't be the sole access and we are still talking 10-15k max capacity so were not talking about the same load as you'd see at Milton on a Suncorp game day.

Exhibition station (it's currently about the same distance walk as Wilston is right now) coming on line year round as part of Cross River Rail and a good bus service between it and the stadium on game day will likely be a key component.
Yeah interchange isn’t such a dirty word for public transport when you have decent frequency and connections. CRR will force some people to interchange regardless.

0F4AAEFD-1A96-4AE8-85C6-DB643DF55888.jpeg

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Exhibition also has the advantage of a proper dining and entertainment precinct in the works, so if the link through is good it might end up being the preferred pre/post game spot for Ballymore events

Reactions: dru

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Sure, but that's an ongoing concern for Brisbane's rail network, not just unique to Ballymore. It also won't be the sole access and we are still talking 10-15k max capacity so were not talking about the same load as you'd see at Milton on a Suncorp game day.
That's fair, but with Roma servicing almost all lines, you dont need to rely on other services.

I'll wait and see how the dust settles, but I just don't get the love for shoehorning Ballymore it being more than a training centre.

It's a 20-27 minute walk from the Exhibition station according to Google Maps, through a hospital and suburbia and nothing in between.

As a match going fan, what does the new Ballymore give you that you crave? Detach all sentimental value of when you ran onto the field, how will fans be better served going back to Ballymore?

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
That's fair, but with Roma servicing almost all lines, you dont need to rely on other services.

I'll wait and see how the dust settles, but I just don't get the love for shoehorning Ballymore it being more than a training centre.

It's a 20-27 minute walk from the Exhibition station according to Google Maps, through a hospital and suburbia and nothing in between.

As a match going fan, what does the new Ballymore give you that you crave? Detach all sentimental value of when you ran onto the field, how will fans be better served going back to Ballymore?
one reason to use it more is the code won't have to pay the exorbinent fees to use Lang Park.

When the crowds were smaller we ended up making a loss for each game which of course had to come from somewhere. (read here grass roots rugby - Higher per seat charges, extra levies and lower support funding)

Plus the catering profits can all be collected by rugby instead of the multi layers of fee takers.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
, how will fans be better served going back to Ballymore?

I think it would be more profitable for the reds, surely they’d control the gate and concession stands.

I heard these teams playing out of Suncorp stadium only turn a profit after 20k admissions…. I know the roar and reds have had less fans than that in last couple of years

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Pretty happy with last night, it was there for the taking but a bonus point loos at Canberra is a pretty good result, added to the bonus point win away at the Force then it is a good start to the season against Australian opponents.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I seem to recall years ago it be suggested they build a walk bridge across the creek for access to Wilston train station......
Many years ago (late 70s) there WAS a pedestrian bridge across Enoggera Creek, from the northern end of the beer garden behind the McLean Stand. Great for Jeeps supporters to get to their old clubhouse at Finsbury. One of the old Brisbane hands might be able to tell us why it was removed.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So what changes for the Drua?

No big names back in that Development team, so can only assume Jones et al are still not ready? So there won't be much. Perhaps

1 Zander
2 Faessler (although I wouldn't be surprised if Asiata gets a start for rotation purposes)
3 Nonggorr
4 Uru
5 Smith
6 Wright
7 McReight
8 Wilson
9 McDermott
10 O'Connor
11 Petaia
12 Paisami
13 Flook
14 Daugunu
15 Campbell

16 Asiata (or Matt F)
17 Ravai (perhaps he gets a start v his countrymen?)
18 Fa'agase
19 Upfeild
20 Vest
21 Thomas
22 Creighton (because of versatility and assuming Henry aint fit)
23 Vunivalu

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’m going to go out on a limb and say Petaia stays at fullback… what’s that mean for Jock? Another week off the bench.

I don’t expect Vunivalu coming off the bench against Drua… lot of Fijian fans will be in attendance. Think for that reason he may get another week in starting lineup.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Christ Dorian said Hunter may have had a hia so he could be missing.

I'm guessing Henry is broken still so Jordan and Josh to centres (or JOC (James O'Connor) to 12?) and Jock to 15?