• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I also get the impression we might finally be looking at who we are playing and doing some specific match analysis on that.

Back in the Link days they were looking two to three games ahead and getting their match plan ready for those games. There was a noticeable difference to how we played certain opponents those days.
Those were the days, one of the most intelligent and agile coaching groups there has ever been at super level.

Whatever happened to Chook Fowler? I know he was at the Force after falling out with Link and he and Foley/Stiles masterminded an upset or two against us but he seemed to just disappear at some point.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Have you noticed any variation in game plan depending on opponent?
It's not unusual for teams to consistently have an overarching game plan. I'll pass on re-thinking about Richard F. Graham's game plan of mathematical correlation without understanding of causation, but I would suggest Thorn has migrated us towards the typical game plan that most NZ teams have used for the past 15 years - but that plan definitely relies on a basic knowledge of where the turnover opportunities are most likely to be gained.

I just thought we couldn't execute it to its fullest due to lack of skill and practice.

Shows what I know.

Dumbfounded.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds have a good record against Aussie teams the last 2 seasons, it‘s just against the kiwis where it all falls apart

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reds have a good record against Aussie teams the last 2 seasons, it‘s just against the kiwis where it all falls apart
"...we couldn't execute it to its fullest... "

Didn't say we "couldn't execute it at all".

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Should be a cracking day’s rugby at Sunnybank next Sunday with the Reds U15’s /16’s and 19’s all playing before the main game at 4pm.

Looking forward to seeing how the age group games go before cheering on the challengers.

I note the 16s and 19s games are on Stan but the QLD Challenger game isn't as yet. I assume they'll keep the cameras up and stream it?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Reds suggesting an announcement to come tomorrow, Canterbury returning as the apparel partner?
That would fit with the vintage content they've been posting on instagram, Canterbury badge has been prominent (and the only kit provider seen) in both playing and training gear. It's probably hard for it not to be, given how long they were supplying the kit for, but it's significant that there has been nothing past the Bank of Qld era, which I think was the last Canterbury kit.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Dynasty won't be the apparel provider next year they've confirmed that, but whether that the announcement to be made tomorrow is their new one I'm unsure, but i strongly suspect Canterbury will be announced as the Reds apparel provider again.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Yep - typically happens with last-season's remaining gear at around this time every year, but the last time I saw it this discounted was when they changed from ZOO to Dynasty...

I remember the ISC pop up shop at Ballymore from the mid 2000s, fairly sure the entire company was going balls up. A pair of non-branded shorts was $2.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Dynasty won't be the apparel provider next year they've confirmed that, but whether that the announcement to be made tomorrow is their new one I'm unsure, but i strongly suspect Canterbury will be announced as the Reds apparel provider again.
Great news imo.

Hard to see how Canterbury could do worse than the current "underarm sweat stain" jersey.

I look forward to what they unveil.

Edit - will qualify this by saying I love the subtle Qld map detail tho

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Decent discounts on training and warmup t-shirts, has anyone bought one of these, what is the sizing like?

1664960933311.png

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hard to see how Canterbury could do worse than the current "underarm sweat stain" jersey.

I look forward to what they unveil.
Playing kit will no doubt be much the same, but my fingers are crossed for an 04/05/06 style long sleeve cotton number with the little pop of yellow

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The reds should have signed with ringers western