• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
yeah happy with that. First player with Super Rugby experience we've signed since JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)?
Yeah, if you ignore the short term fill ins of Faagase and Anae this season it's the first* since O'Connor and Speight coming into the 2020 season.

*Technically Ruan Smith returned for 2 games in 2021, but I don't really think that counts.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

"Luke JONES, the Australian international also occupying the position of 2nd row at Racing 92 returns to his native country. He will have worn the Ile-de-France jersey 38 times since the 2020-2021 season."

Some things might be lining up

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I think I'd rather an experienced LHP and to see them focus on Nonggorr's development as the THP backup, but either would be a positive at this stage.
not sure Nongorr has the size required to be a top line THP. Needs to put on some serious bulk.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I think I'd rather an experienced LHP and to see them focus on Nonggorr's development as the THP backup, but either would be a positive at this stage.
I would like to see a large, aggressive, fit LHP (something like an Angus Bell).

One under rated that slipped the coup is Angus Wagner - force have developed him nicely.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I would like to see a large, aggressive, fit LHP (something like an Angus Bell).

One under rated that slipped the coup is Angus Wagner - force have developed him nicely.
Vella, Wagner and Romano? All strong prospects.

Anyone know where Marcus Vanzati is these days? Always rated him.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Speculating more on the Tupou et al. vs Thorn rift - interesting that Dave (Rennie) gets a mention, but not Thorn.
00277AFF-8F40-4DF9-A095-0D3D2D11D845.png

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

yep but apparently the Force are going hard at him
still reckon anyone in any job at the professional level needs to have served an apprenticeship / learnt the role a bit in the amateur side.

For the force to chase EQ then have to pay him to climb a learning curve seems weird to me.
Good luck to him and I hope it works out for them both.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I think Nonggorr still has a very high ceiling. 21 is really young for a Tight 5 player. He's still got natural physical growth and filling out to happen.

I think Tupou and Bell have skewed it for our perceptions recently as well as the speed at which they can get S&C into them theses days but all are going to be different. Andrew Blades, Ewen Mckenzie were 24 when they debuted for Australia. Ta'avao didn't debut for NZ until 28 and was playing for Norths in the Shute Shield 5 years ago.

Rae Rae