• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - RD10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The whole red card argument is a load of crap. The only red card offence seams to be from horwills stomp ( only from what I have read). Horwill has come along way from being a rough dirty player. I remember 3 or so years ago when he first came on the scene and that was his biggest problem. He has come along way from that and is a deservedly wallaby caption.

I'm hoping for a Queensland brumbies final

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The whole red card argument is a load of crap. The only red card offence seams to be from horwills stomp ( only from what I have read).

In terms of how the game is generally refereed? Probably. IN terms of the application of the laws of the game, the red card argument is far from rubbish. (If you haven't already, have a read of Scott Allen's front page article about it. Explains in very clear terms why a red should've been issued.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
In terms of how the game is generally refereed? Probably. IN terms of the application of the laws of the game, the red card argument is far from rubbish. (If you haven't already, have a read of Scott Allen's front page article about it. Explains in very clear terms why a red should've been issued.
I understand Scott's article however I rugby was adjudicated to ever single rule it would e a slow painful and sometimes boring game. Have you ever ha a look at thaw rules? If they were interpreted and followed to a T there would be yellow cards in Almost every are and penalties at every other ruck. For example. Players going of there feet at the breakdown. It happens on every game and Is sometimes
Penalised but not very often. If this was adjudicated correctly there would be repeated infringements and cards issued a hell of a lot.

I mainly agree with Scott's argument in terms of professional fouls. They should be yellow cards. End of story. But when was a red card last issued for something other then dangerous play? Like a red card for repeatable offside? I can't recall

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was actually for throwing the ball away, and he's already been yellow carded in the first half..........

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It was actually for throwing the ball away, and he's already been yellow carded in the first half....
He knocked the ball down when the ABs wanted to take a quick lineout.

Red card = 2 yellows.

Anyway, in the last 10-15 minutes of a game the effect of a yellow is virtually the same as a red.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, that was a tricky one because the first YC was pretty debatable and he was off the field for the warning. He got the red very quickly after he came on, IIRC. I wonder if he even knew about the warning? Should have, but his actions suggested otherwise.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Anyway what a great game, any over Brumbies Fan's really miss Fardy :) I hope his back soon there's just something about him..

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah. He spear tackled someone (from memory) and got yellow, then came back and impeded an AB's quick throw in, which Joubert had already warned us about. So he copped another yellow, which became a red.

And IIRC Drew was in the bin when the warning was issued and may not have been aware of it specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.