• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stander is on, Force are bringing on some reserves.

Force now trying to run the ball, no point play forces back 12 points down. McCalman makes break and find support, Force on the Reds 22m.

Gill catches a poor cleanout and gets Wykes holding on. Thomson and Gill all over that.

M

Moono75

Wykes mate go full speed into contact don't stutter step and get smashed

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Faagase is on for the Reds I think as well. Quite a few reserves on. Missed a heap.

Murday is also on, Kotze off.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds game plan is Genia box kicks, Reds contest. Force running everything now, Reds need tp play smarter.

Big run from Tessman gets the Force well over the advantage line. However, Mafi is caught for offside - picking up the ball past the ruck - and the Reds get another relieving penalty.

At some stage the Reds have to play rugby.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Genia box kicks from 30m out into in goal.

Absolute fucking rubbish from the Reds.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gill all over another breakdown makes the ball spew from the ruck, but Hanson can't pick it up and knocks on.

Seriously, this is rubbish from the Reds. 12 points up and they are deep in the Force half and they still don't want to play rugby.

Another half arm from the scrum for early engage. Second one, should be a penalty ref. Scrum feed anyway, to the Reds. Not sure on the call, but Reds scrum dominant so they are getting the decisions.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^ that's a bit harsh, back in the 'naki this is what they'd call wet weather footy: keep it at their end & if it goes dead never mind, get it back & put it back down their end & if it goes dead........ you get the picture, I'm sure.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Penalty Reds from the scrum.

Turner kicks for touch, goes out about 12m from the Force line.

Ebersohn is off. Force will be going all out attack from here.

McCalman comes right through and disrupts the Reds maul, but they get it out. Genia darts and but is caught, should have passed to Kuridrani.

Mafi steals the ball on the next ruck and Morahan kicks it out to 35m.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
CFS held up 30m out off some disorganised Reds attack. Force scrum.

Prior on for Alby.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
^^^^^^ that's a bit harsh, back in the 'naki this is what they'd call wet weather footy: keep it at their end & if it goes dead never mind, get it back & put it back down their end & if it goes dead.... you get the picture, I'm sure.

Yeah, I understand why. Constant pressure, play in their territory as it's hard to score an 80m try on a wet pitch with a wet ball, particularly as the Force don't score those sorts of tries often.

But it's missing a very good chance to put the game to bed.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Alcock runs into the ref.

Horrible positioning from the ref there, got in the way of a Reds defender then in the way of Alcock.

Force scrum on the Force 40m line.

Schatz off, Browning on.

18 - 6 to the Reds, 67 mins gone.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Daley hinges. Lucky to get away with that I think.

Browning is built like a brick shit house. Would love to see him use his bulk more.

Reds apply pressure next scrum, but McCalman runs off the back well over the ad line but loses it. Genia kicks deep and the Reds end up with a lineout 25m from the Force line.

Force are all over the shop now as well.

I reckon conditions must be freaking hard.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
12 points up, 12 to go, the other guys have gotta try the low % stuff in unfavourable conditions & from a long way out..... advantage you, I'd say.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Daley off hurt, Talakai back out. Faagase to LHP.

Kerevi loses the ball.

A Force play is badly hurt, ankle I think. Alcock it is. Tragic to see.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, this game is over.

Tessman dived on the ball and landed on Alcock's ankle. Could be broken. Fuck that's terrible.

He's going to be taken off on a stretcher.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Being helped off, Alcock's semi walking. That's at least a positive sign. Hope he's OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.