• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v. Force Players of the Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GC

No ratings thread yet?

Might as well get this show on the road before I forget who did what:

Reds:

3. Hynes
2. Higgers - should have started
1. Horwill

Force:

3. Hodgo
2. Pocock
1. McCalman

Brown unlucky because he's Brown.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry mate but are you joking on Hynes? I thought he was quite bad tbh, he's lost too much pace and Link hooked him early.

Reds

3. Saia Fainga'a
2. Horwill
1. Quirk

Force

3. McCalman
2. O'Connor
1. Pocock

T

TOCC

Higginbotham was more effective because he came on against a tired opposition, i think it his impact off the bench justified the selection.

Reds

3 - Horwill
2 - Slipper
1 - Genia

Force

3 - JOC (James O'Connor)
2 - Sharpe
1 - Shepherd

G

GC

Call it as I see it. Hynes rock solid in defense, particularly when playing 10 on Force scrums. Shut down everything the Force backs did when he was on. Ran straight. Made no errors.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Reds
3 - Horwill
2 - Genia
1 - Saia Fainga'a

Force
3 - O'Connor
2 - McCalman
1 - Pocock

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Reds:-
3 - Quirk
2 - Ioane
1 - Genia

Force:-
3 - Sharpe (Showed he can rule the lineout even when he is the only real jumping option for his team)
2- JOC (James O'Connor)
1 - Brown
2 -

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
3. Genia - good options generally and if the other backs had played more to his standard the game might have seen a different scoreline

2. Quirk. From where I was sitting this bloke had a great game, did well in a couple of one on ones with Pocock and kept going until he ran himself into the ground. This guy is definitely up for Super Rugby.

1. Davies. Odd choice but, after pissing me off by being a precious flower in contact moments after Digby had smashed into two of the force frontrow, he did some really good things that I think gave the Reds momentum. These included putting some really good pressure on Sheppard and Smith (driving them into touch on occasion), chasing the shit out of every kickoff and smashing Mitch Inman into dropping the ball right at the end when the Force had an overlap.

Force:

3. J'OC. Good kicking in general play, mostly good kicking for goal, good distribution and good running. This guy is real assett and has a certain consistency that other young guns like Cooper lack.

2. Pocock. Give this guy half a chance and he is such a force at the breakdown.

1. Dave Smith. I like the look of this guy, some really good runs.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Reds

3 - Big Kev Horwill - Strong game, saved a vital try in the first half and was even scavenging ball off the ground.
2 - Genia - Good passing platform. Seemed fired-up at times.
1 - Quirk - Contested everything against a higher grade opposition and won a share of it.

Others: Impressed with Hanson when he came on at the end. Slipper solid, Cooper mixed good and bad.

Force

3 - JOC (James O'Connor) - The best at the Force. Played 10 as a natural. Fnatastic long range solo try. His kick out on the full at the death was my only dissapointment.
2 - Sharpe - Great workrate in the rucks and mauls. Good lineouts including one against the throw.
1 - Shepherd - Involved throughout. Size advantage over the smaller Reds backs. Hope he doesn't piss his talent away.

Others: Brown, Hodgson, Pocock played well.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Force:
3. Hodgo
2. Pocock
1. Mccalman

Reds:
3. Horwil
2. Genia
1. Simmons (good in thertucks)

Although I think it should be horwil 2 genia 1, don't think anyone deserved 3

Cyril Towers (30)
Reds:
3: Horwill. Welcome back Big Kev
2. Slipper. I keep trying to be a sceptic and he keeps having good games
1. Genia. Bit of a mixed bag but his pack didn't help him much.

Force:
3. Dick Brown. Definitely out on a limb here, but I thought he was fantastic.
2. Sharpie. Legend
1. JOC (James O'Connor). Lots of dangerous touches.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
3. Horwill (Reds best by a country mile)
2. S.Fainga'a
1. Ed Quirk

Special mention: Rod davies would have got points if not for that punch on Sheehan, needs to show more class next time as he was our best back tonight in tough conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.