• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Well done Force. Just snuck home against some rabble that the Tahs nearly put 40 points on.

Thee bubble bursts next week when you finally play against a worthy opponent.
Ohh, so you must be the guys who last beat the Reds at fortress suncorp.

Wait a minute, that was us........twice.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Why would we go for a drop goal at the end????

Not a great sign - that's a team that is playing not to lose, rather than playing to win.

Well played Force.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Ohh, so you must be the guys who last beat the Reds at fortress suncorp.

Wait a minute, that was us....twice.

He's speaking from experience mate, the Tahs already had their bubble burst twice by the Sharks and Brumbies! A finals contender with no set piece, fancy that.

Great game Force :)

Not too keen on that droppie at the end, but the Force deserved the W.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Serious congratulations to the Force and their loyal supporters here, and also to M Foley. Both team and coach deserved the win, one looked the better team, the other clearly (at least tonight) looked the better coach in almost all aspects of play.

I wonder when Reds fora here will start to consider the real, in fact now largely demonstrated, possibility that, back in the hubristic and triumphant haze of early 2012, the Reds Establishment made a disastrous error of judgement in choosing a new Head Coach of proven ordinariness who had essentially achieved little of distinction in his entire coaching career and when, at that very time, the world was the QRU's oyster in terms of being able to pick and choose from many of the world's best rugby coaches.

The mystery surrounding the entire coaching selection process in 2012 commenced then and there; in that wonderful halo moment. Not only has it now deepened, its reckless consequences are clear - we have a team in serious decline, both in terms of selections and core skills.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Why would we go for a drop goal at the end????

Not a great sign - that's a team that is playing not to lose, rather than playing to win.

Well played Force.

I asked the sam gel.

You could look at it two ways: either an understandably cautious desire to at least save the game with a draw, or, just maybe, QC (Quade Cooper) deep down has a weakened confidence in the 2014 Reds ability to score 5 points in that situation. If it was the latter - I say if - I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case in 2011, or even in 2012, when the Reds self-confidence to win in very tight end-of-game situations was always sky high.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Man that's frustrating..

On the positive side (which is I'm trying hard to think about!!), Robinson, Tapuai and Horwill had their best games all season.

It was wonderful to see Taps come back from the grave, so to speak. He was/is(?) such a fine player when confident and in the right head space. His decline was mystifying but almost looked terminal, it was enduring. I agree that his and Robinson's contributions may be on track to return to their best.

There is very little else that's improving in the 2014 Reds, and defence in particular is scarily deteriorating. Tonight on the S15 table we have conceded 189 points, the third worst there, 27 per game.

M

Moono75

I asked the sam gel.

You could look at it two ways: either an understandably cautious desire to at least save the game with a draw, or, just maybe, QC (Quade Cooper) deep down has a weakened confidence in the 2014 Reds ability to score 5 points in that situation. If it was the latter - I say if - I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case in 2011, or even in 2012, when the Reds self-confidence to win in very tight end-of-game situations was always sky high.
Brain faid under pressur id guess

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Great work by the Force. It's a pretty easy loss to swallow when you're losing to the guys who have been kicked, and kicked again while their down only to rise back up and show spirit. You cn see it on the players faces just how much they loved that.

On the downside, I sat in the members section tonight and apparently it is a crime to speak. I was talking to my friend about what kind of play the Reds should run off a scrum and someone said could you please be quiet?

are you serious? You are at the footy and you want someone to be quiet?? (By the way this was a casual conversation at normal conversation volume)

I'm embarassed to say that I'm a Reds fan because of those guys. I left said seats at half time empathizing with league fans who call Rugby 'Rah Rah'.

If you want to watch the game in silence - FINE - but stay home and watch it on Fox.

M

Moono75

Well Emirates must be kicking their collective marketing arses this year....DOH!

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Yeah tone it down Moono mate if you know the kind of contacts people have on this forum you'd know the federal police will be involved soon mate ;)

M

Moono75

OK... My work is over. I've punched this game thread on since starting it early in the week. I wanted to fire up the rivarly. Mission accomplished. Please take all posts as as they were meant, just to stir up the provincial rivalry :) Great to see so many fans passionate about thier teams...as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.