• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have just been informed by a very reliable source that due to the horrendous draw and onerous travel schedule the Force have decided to send over the Force A team to face the Reds this weekend. This comes on the back of multiple trips east to play single matches and then return home which has taken its told on the player’s welfare.

They had hoped that the bye would give the players enough time to recuperate following the tough start to the year but the medial staffs have advised that this is not the case and several players will need a further week to recover.

They also believe and have been told by many a learned rugby brain that the match is all but lost and drawing on past experiences have targeted next weeks match against a vulnerable Tahs on their way home from a gruelling South African campaign.

This strategy was successfully employed last year when Force was forced to face another star studded team who plays in Red and then back it up against the Tahs. The strategy of saving their top players for the Tahs match and sending out a seconds squad against the team in Red worked so well last year they have decided to give it another go.

Interesting stuff force hopefully they come home with the goods.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Well, delete the post and see if we can get a line! Haha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
ERHMARGERD i CAN'T BELIEVE THE FORCE WOULD DO THIS! SAH DISRESPECTFUL! THEY SHOULD PLAY THEIR WALLABY SUPERSTARS!
The IRB and ICJ should make them account for this crime against rugby.

Happy? You got someone to bite.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I don't know why but I can't be neutral or reasonable in any way when it comes to this game.

Reds are going to smash your boys. End of story.

Horwill and Simmons might at least teach your locks a thing or two.

Tired of dropping games to these bottom-feeders for no reason.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don't know why but I can't be neutral or reasonable in any way when it comes to this game.

how to whinge a lot to the ref and how to be a thug wannaby?:confused:

M

Moono75

I think you will find the Reds are below the Force on the table.....in my books that makes you guys 'our bitches' bottom feeders. Hows that for inflammatory ;)

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think you will find the Reds are below the Force on the table...in my books that makes you guys 'our bitches' bottom feeders. Hows that for inflammatory ;)

Gloating doesn't suit you novelty teams - I think the Force have had their quota of wins for the year so it should be a return to failure and sad platitudes about developing the game.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
How to disappear for long periods of time.

So you mean like Wykes' entire career?

I think you will find the Reds are below the Force on the table...in my books that makes you guys 'our bitches' bottom feeders. Hows that for inflammatory ;)

It's alright. I wouldn't expect fans of a franchise that hasn't been able to think up a backs move for nearly a decade to be too keen on things like 'sample size' or 'historical trends'.

how to whinge a lot to the ref and how to be a thug wannaby?:confused:

"how to jump in a line out"

"how to captain the Wallabies"

"how to win more than 4 games in a season"

Afraid these may all come first ;)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Top 3 in Aussie are Brums, Reds and Tahs (no particular order)

It will be great to see the Force get to that level - however it may take 50 or so years ,

M

Moono75

Reds fans all you need to know head to head over the last 3 games its the Force up 2 wins and a draw....that's history. If you want current info.....well just take a look at the ladder. Both teams have scored 14 try's this year but we've done it playing one game less. And talking about lineouts well our success percentage is also superior to the Reds. Sharpie also likes us better ;)

T

tranquility

I just can't see how the Force could win. I am sure it will be tight and a grind, as that is what teams without options do, however Suncorp will be too fast and sense will prevail.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I just can't see how the Force could win. I am sure it will be tight and a grind, as that is what teams without options do, however Suncorp will be too fast and sense will prevail.

2014 so far:

Reds 13 tries from 6 games.
Force 14 tries from 5 games.

Which is the team without options?

Status
Not open for further replies.