• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Lions, Super Rugby Round 13 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Cooper not back to 100%, but the step still works on forwards, but it looks like he's not putting as much effort in it. Looked calm and in control, was able to put props through gaps, but the back who weren't with him last year weren't prepared for the passes to run onto. Let hope he doesn't get picked for the wallabies and injure himself.

Sautia doesn't lack confidence, gave everyone loads of space down the sideline, and covered it easily. First touch was magic.

The reds turned off those that weren't subbed took a break anyway fair enough I guess. - and the Lions actually played some decent rugby towards the end.

T

TOCC

Reds turned off once they got the 4 try bonus point.. need to pick up the game for next week though

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I was pretty disappointed with their lack of urgency at the end. I would have thought that they would be desperate to play 80 minutes of great rugby.

Will take the win with the bonus points though.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not a bad effort, Slipper has made a claim on the THP for the first test as it has been said that it is going to be a Reds/Force squad. Slipper was huge- keep the tape on the head! I thought Saia was massive tonight, I admit I am a huge fan but he was great in defence. Genia great as always. Digby seemed to be a bit more involved than in past weeks.

Genia 3
Slipper 2
Saia 1

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Does anyone feel like me that Diggers is down a tad of pace and is making his electric breaks on half not full voltage?

Just doesn't seem quite at his best, the breaks seem to die off and not find support and explode as they used to.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Pretty ordinary performance by the reds in a pretty ordinary game...

Still, a win is a win and a bonus point is even better. Genia had a great game,

Not good to see Ben Lucas limping off, but good to see Chris come on with a bang.

T

TOCC

Chris+F+Sautia+Super+Rugby+Rd+13+Reds+v+Lions+2WFBjwOCx9ql.jpg

The one big shining light to come out of this match.. Admittedly he didn't do a whole lot, but i think he demonstrated enough to show he has quite a lot of potential. It was only through the week Ewen McKenzie said we would be talking about this bloke in 12months time with a similar tone as to how Liam Gill is talked of now.

T

TOCC

24890.jpg

Although, its not like everything went his way last night... It wouldn't be a debut without a massive hit to go along with the try

M

Moulder

How old is he? Looks very developed and should have no problems with the physicality at this level.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Does anyone feel like me that Diggers is down a tad of pace and is making his electric breaks on half not full voltage?

Just doesn't seem quite at his best, the breaks seem to die off and not find support and explode as they used to.

Maybe a little, looks like he is playing like when he was back at the Force. His passing and handles have dropped off this year. He needs to work on that more and bring it back up to speed,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom