• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels MOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amanda

REDS

3. Houston - stepped up again
2. Higginbotham
1. Cooper - despite some silly options, he controlled well.

Mike Harris was fabulous and Robinson was great again, too.

REBELS

3. Phipps
2. Vuna
1. Cippers - Marto was a bit OTT in saying Cooper creamed him. He did ok in the circumstances.

Mortlock was pretty ferocious in the first 20 minutes.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I don't normally like to comment on others' opinion on these points things, but I am struggling to see how Genia is rated by some as best on field last night? I don't think he was as bad as Moses suggested, but neither was he at or near his best. Took some poor options that he got away with, due to the execrable nature of the opposition. Horan and Martin were completely ignoring any of his faults with their gushing at the end. He's still my choice as first pick 9 for the Wobbs, but he is not near top form yet.
Ironically, I agree with your disagreeing with me.
I guess I'm trying to counterbalance the far red wing comments coming from North of the Tweed, think of it like Andrew Bolt being on Q&A.

I thought Rod Davies was meant to be quick, but Lachie Mitchell mowed down that theory

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
I guess I'm trying to counterbalance the far red wing comments coming from North of the Tweed, think of it like Andrew Bolt being on Q&A.

I thought Rod Davies was meant to be quick, but Lachie Mitchell mowed down that theory

Don't think Davies could really hit top gear as he needed to make sure he could actually kick the ball - very very hard to do at top speed! Chasing however is a different story

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)

Very droll Moses....

R

roo

Morty's defence was flawless from what I saw.
Delve and
Saffy worked their arses off.

G

GC

Genia's defense close to the ruck was superb. At least equal to Burgess - and that is supposed to be his real strength.

There's a reason why the Rebels never got a role on - Genia was a big part of that.

Except for 1 or 2 really bad passes, the other 50 or 60 were out in front of the man running full speed onto the ball.

I thought his decision making was excellent - matter of opinion I guess - and his service was very quick.

Hence, for me, MOM. Others can think whatever they want.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

Considering Rocket had to measure his running to toe the ball ahead three times, a kind bounce on one of those would have seen him under the posts, I'm not surprised Mitchell got close enough to push him in the back just after the last of those kicks. From where I was sitting at the game it should have at least been a penalty Red, if not a penalty try.

T

TheTruth

1. Genia
2. Slipper
3. Leroy

Interesting how posters view and rate man of match performances. I for one look for work done over the whole game (or the vast majority) not a moment or two or three in a game. Players do wonderful things from time to time during a game, score a great try, kick goals, make a great break. Higgers a great example - did some fantastic things on weekend but very very loose.

R

RebelArmyno1fan

Rebels
3. Vuna
2. Phipps
1. Lachi Mitchell

p.s- somerville was way below standard, along with many others. Give Weeks a go next week perhaps.. especially after such a productive and successful year as the reds starting prop for every game in 2010.

D

daz

You want to replace Somerville with Weeks as starter? I thought you might want the Rebels to have half a chance to win.

Somerville was a rock on the weekend and while he was a bit off, his work ethic and passion is undiminished; he was one of the few Rebels who could walk off the park with his head held high. (Actually, since he doesn't have a neck, his head has no other way to be held...)

Status
Not open for further replies.