• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels Rd 14, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
K.Hunt played ok I thought. James OConnor just keeps getting past the first tackler.

Liam Gill. What a player!!!!

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Queensland absolutely destroyed us in that one. Even when we were up in the first 20 their forwards we're well on top.

At least we can stop the talk about finals. I cannot see it from here.

My wish list:
A win in south Africa
Two more wins at home

I would call that a good season and something more to build on.

After seeing sexting both in NRC and super I can see why Leafa is first pick. We need a big lock too. Felt it's lack tonight.

On the bright side after a weak middle 40 like that hopefully they will be really fired up for the rest of the season

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
First I thought Genia was just SLOOOOOOW at the base of the ruck....but he did seem to mix it up well.....was very good at siting back and letting the forwards take it up rather than just (step) passing every time. Is this a new dimension to his game?

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
K.Hunt played ok I thought. James OConnor just keeps getting past the first tackler.

Liam Gill. What a player!!!!
Agree with you about Gill. He was MOM for me.

O'Conner was elusive but I am seeing the same thing. Looks to do it all himself and ignores the support. Is that indicative of his whole season?

I thought Thompson was back to his abrasive best too. Really got in our faces particularily Higgers.

Reactions: gel

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Gill MOTM.
Holmes a close second.
At this level, O'Connor works best as a full back.
Reds band of stars finally lived up to potential.

Congratz to the reds. That 40 minute period from about the 30 minute mark to the 70 minute mark was some of the best I've seen in the soup this year. Your boys turned up to play and deserved the win.

As for us, where to begin. All the aggression, all the power, all the coordination gone. Ellison is out and out our MVP, both on attack and defence. Shipperly isn't a center, Naivalu makes mistakes on D that are understandable but not forgivable.
Kicking was aimless from all.
McMahon, Reid and Colby decisively outplayed by Gill, with a little bit of assistance from Thompson.
Frustration and niggly play for higgers for the first time in about 6 weeks.
Ah-Nau got monstered by Holmes, he's still a fair step down from Toby.
Sexton letting down all of us calling for Pat to be benched.
Nobodies hands were sticking.

On a positive note, Burgess and Weeks played well when they came on, while Sefa is still lethal on attack.

After a bad day made worse, I will bid you all adieu.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
That's it. Banjolanders have RG for another years. From the very jaws of a sacking, RG rises like a phoenix from the ashes of his coaching career, after Rebels v Reds becomes scarily similar to Force v Waratahs game with the unbackable favourites playing like entitled pork chops.

Welcome to the club, Rebels supporters.

To the Reds faithful who didn't show up tonight, I think Henry V Act 4 Scene 3 line 18-87 St Crispin's Day speech could be adopted.

"You few, you happy few, you band of brothers"

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
There were about 3 scrums when Smith was on, and they were roughly break even on that side, with PAE coming up 1-0 against Slipper, causing him to drop his bind and turn in under pressure.

Don't get me wrong, he wouldn't have stopped the momentum turning towards the reds after the 30 minute mark, but Ah-Nau certainly didn't help.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Thoughts.

• Lees refereed well.
  • LFG will be the unluckiest player in Australia to miss the RWC 31.
  • Debreczini starting to look like a rugby player instead of just an athlete with a super boot.
  • I look forward to seeing Naivalu I mean Fine Cotton I mean Cooper Vuna ;) play for the Wallabies this year. He's still the Rebels winger and Aus eligible. That's all World Rugby need to know.
  • Great to see Mcintyre get it together and have a good back 60. He's too good of a prospect to see his confidence shot and consigned to the scrap heap.
  • Bieber needs to kick at 90% for the rest of the year to make the first Wallaby test 23.
and
  • That performance is a damning indictment on Graham. To see how well the team can play with intelligent selections and player buy in tells you the team don't have any respect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.