• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels, Super Rugby Round 16, 1 June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Phipps was running his mouth literally the entire game to the Reds. It was so fucking loud I could hear him from a few rows in. 100% deserved it.

lewisr

DC only got charged down once v Chiefs, the other was either Crotty or Taylor. All about the same height with the same haircut/color though, first watch through I thought it was Carter both times too. Carter got charged down by Cruden, was a bit fitting.

Inside Shoulder

Quade does more community outreach and juniors work than any player in Australia. The Waratahs just don't make 1000 press releases every time he goes. He also regularly goes and plays with the boys when they tour South Africa as well and has a big following there because of it.
Irrelevant: as a result of the video he is Australia's biggest goose. The guy is classless and has no judgment.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Who is Kurtey Beale for 500, Alex. Page me when Quade assaults a team mate, much less his captain.
Are we in a race to the bottom?
Or is your point that if you do some work with kids you've got a leave pass from acceptable behaviour?
Im not KB (Kurtley Beale)'s keeper and I have not defended him so I dont see the analogy.
They're as bad as each other and they harm the game.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Anyone say he cant or didnt "take it"?
Its what it says about QC (Quade Cooper) that is telling.
PM me when Dan Carter does something like that.

I didn't suggest he can't or didn't take it. I suggested that as a niggling aggressor, Phipps should expect to receive a serve in return. Eye for eye etc.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Eye for eye etc.

We are so off topic but I'll join in on this until someone stops us haha.

I personally believe 'an eye for an eye' is an absolutely ridiculous concept. You are just reducing yourself to the other persons level and Quade has taken a huge step back in his progress by smacking Phipps. However that is not to say he is the biggest goose in Australia. There is always going to be niggling in a Rugby match, its part of the bloody game.

Inside Shoulder

Simply dropping players because they make young, ignorant mistakes is not the answer. Developing them into composed professional sportsmen through discipline and encouragement will get the best out of our extremely talented 'amigos' and those who come through in the future. This concept that they should be angels is ignoring the fact that most players in the top tier are fuelled by massive egos and huge pay checks. Not saying all, but a lot!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
'Eye for an eye' has its obvious limits, but the rugby pitch is rarely the place for a balanced and through-out response to aggression or antagonism!

I watched the game in deep dark AFL land and it had the bar of a Carlton Blues pub engaged and raucous. Reds were the better team and clearly dominated once Higgers and Pyle went off.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Higgers claims that Beau's knee had to be pretty high for him to tackle it and make of that what we will. Just bitter about missing the Lions or something in it?

The old and mighty karma goods have striked him down for that incident with Mitchell two years ago.

D

daz

Higgers claims that Beau's knee had to be pretty high for him to tackle it and make of that what we will. Just bitter about missing the Lions or something in it?

I think Higgers has a point, and given the fact that he had just realised a Lions series has been taken away I am willing to let him be a little bit bitter about it.

Having said that, I think that a team who has a Beau Robinson type character is a better team than one without it. He is an aggressive, take no prisoners, live and die by the sword kinda bloke. I love seeing a fire and brimstone warrior like that on the park.

Occasionally though, he just goes a wee bit too far. I thought this game was one of those. I like the aggression but he was a bit dumb with it and he hurt his team with a yellow.

Luckily for the Reds, the Rebels weren't able to capitalise on that with points on the board. In the finals, it will likely be a different story.

I would imagine Link took Beau to one side after the game and read him the riot act to a certain degree.

Redsman

Allen Oxlade (6)
I had almost finished by 12 step Quadeitis program. I was right on the brink of recovery. But then he went and did this.

Look in the background at 12.06 to 12.09

pretty funny... he was just excited.... mind you robbie's boy is in and QCs not for BIL... bring on Link.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
pretty funny. he was just excited.. mind you robbie's boy is in and QCs not for BIL. bring on Link.

Excited is celebrating with your team mates. Not running over and tapping the opposition on the scone. Maybe that's what backs do. I wouldn't know

Scotty

David Codey (61)
It looked pretty average, akin to a send off in cricket which I hate.

The only mitigating factor would be if Phipps had sledged him after one of his charge downs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I watched this game last night, meh, what has happened to the Reds? They spent the first 40 minutes trying not to play any rugby ie trying not to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.