• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, rd2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, Alcock was running across field to cover Shipperley. Shipperley had no-one outside of him, and stepped back on the inside of Horne, who was wrong footed and didn't even lay a hand on him. Alcock slipped the tackle, but he was Horne's man all along. Horne has had a habit of setting himself on his heels too early, allowing him to be cleanly stepped.

edit: gotta be Horne's man, surely. Horne should've moved up with Alcock, but remained too flat footed and allowed him to be stepped. That said, Alcock does bear some blame too.

edit2: gees, Horne was lazy on that last play. But really, the Reds shouldn't have won that. If it wasn't the first round of the year, you'd think that Tahs would've never have screwed up so badly in giving the ball back, and not chasing the kick.

That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen on a Rugby field & it won me $150. Icing on the cake!

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
No doubt that Shipperley was Horne's man - here's the frame when Shipperley steps inside. Alcock was covering and he ran past Dennis to at least try and make tackle. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was outside Horne so no excuse for Horne over committing and getting beaten on the inside like that.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/?attachment_id=41008

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Well it does contradict with your original post qwerty, or are you so myopic that you think the season proper doesn't start till the Tah's first game? :confused:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Considering someone had to get the bye it would still appear as if the Reds/Tahs fixtures are locked into first and last rounds

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not one of Tom's smarter suggestions to McKibbin to kick the ball in the first place. Can never understand why he didn't hold the pill and wind the clock down.
Michael Foley coached the turnover box-kick into the players and they trained with it the entire preseason. When they executed the play and it backfired, Foles never stood up and took the blame for it, leaving TC out to dry.

It's all moot anyway, cause we're gonna smash you this time round.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I am no fan of Foley, but I am certain he was mortified when they did that with 30 sec to go.
I think he was quite restrained, he could hardly support such a stupid call, but IIRC did not lay the blame with anyone either.

T

TOCC

No, two of the players told me, one of whom is no longer at the club.

Yes it might have been a coaching point of Foley's but discretion also needs to be used by the players on the field as well...

I think the more likely scenario is that TC's cognitive ability was degraded given it was the 79th minute in the first game of the season, he had a rush of blood(adrenaline) after been involved in a good tackle which turned over the ball, identified what he thought was a hole in the Reds defence and subsequently made the call.......

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Considering someone had to get the bye it would still appear as if the Reds/Tahs fixtures are locked into first and last rounds
No. It is the second round. Not the first at all.

If they had wanted the start and the end to have the reds and tahs, then they would have ensured that the tahs did not have a bye first round.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
wow really??
Yes really. I initially thought you may not have been aware that the other two games were taking place a week ahead, but now I realise that you actually do believe that the season doesn't start until the tahs play.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well the tahs were happy with there loss in the trial and not kicking penalties and concentraing on playing attacking rugby. Pitty that was a trial game. Come next Saturday night they will be kicking for everything. So it wont last long. Getting the poor tahs supporters all worked up thinking this going to be a good year.
Hoping A FINGER will play and be will cut down that AFL/Leauge guy. Just like he did to the great SBW,who he sacred back the the other oval shaped ball game.

Go Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.