• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs - Roma Festival of Rugby 10 Feb

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Also wonder if Henry and Paisami were swapped last minute, seeing Henry still has 12 next to his name…
They could be swapped but I don't think the numbers are really indicating they will be, it's probably just due to the jerseys available in different sizes. A lot of the bench last weekend were wearing duplicate starter numbers, Henry included. I don't think they bother getting jerseys numbered beyond 28 and there's no 24 listed so it's probably just that it wouldn't have fit Henry.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I dont think thats very realistic tbh.
Why? Not realistic because you don't think he suits the role or... ? he's similar in most physical dimensions to Jordie.

With no disrespect to Jordan I'm not sure he's as good a rugby player at this stage, nor has the playmaking experience.

Not sure it's where I'd be moving him to, but I'm not sure it's unrealistic.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Why? Not realistic because you don't think he suits the role or... ? he's similar in most physical dimensions to Jordie.

With no disrespect to Jordan I'm not sure he's as good a rugby player at this stage, nor has the playmaking experience.

Not sure it's where I'd be moving him to, but I'm not sure it's unrealistic.
Similar physically but that's about where it ends.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
They could be swapped but I don't think the numbers are really indicating they will be, it's probably just due to the jerseys available in different sizes. A lot of the bench last weekend were wearing duplicate starter numbers, Henry included. I don't think they bother getting jerseys numbered beyond 28 and there's no 24 listed so it's probably just that it wouldn't have fit Henry.
Fair enough and good pickup - I missed that last week

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
1. Angus Bell (Sydney University)
2. Mahe Vailanu (Gordon)
3. Harry Johnson-Holmes (Sydney University)
4. Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)
5. Miles Amatosero (Eastern Suburbs)
6. Lachie Swinton (Sydney University)
7. Charlie Gamble (Eastern Suburbs)
8. Langi Gleeson (Manly)
9. Jake Gordon © (Sydney University)
10. Tane Edmed (Eastwood)
11. Dylan Pietsch (Randwick)
12. Lalakai Foketi (Manly)
13. Mosese Tuipolotu (Eastern Suburbs)
14. Mark Nawaqanitawase (Eastwood)
15. Joey Walton (Gordon)

Reserves
Theo Fourie (Randwick)
Hayden Thompson-Stringer (Manly)
Daniel Botha (Sydney University)
Ned Slack-Smith (Warringah)
Teddy Wilson (Eastern Suburbs)
Jack Bowen (Eastern Suburbs)
Harry Wilson (Eastern Suburbs)
Triston Reilly (Randwick)
Vuate Karawalevu (West Harbour)
Ben Distaso (Eastern Suburbs)
Jack Barrett (Randwick)
Sam Thomson (Warringah)
Gabrielle Vendetti (Hunter Wildfires)

Archer Holz inj again or just completely fallen out of favour?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I don’t understand why he wouldn’t be allowed to return?

he is innocent. Spent the last year not being able to showcase his skills. False sexual allegations (or unproven) seem to ruin a lot of innocent blokes reputations.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

he is innocent. Spent the last year not being able to showcase his skills. False sexual allegations (or unproven) seem to ruin a lot of innocent blokes reputations.
Because he hasn't played rugby in a year and was already pretty past it when we signed him. There's really no point.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)

Because he’s 35, and frankly it’d still look shit for the code when things are already looking shitty. It’s not a risk they should be willing to take.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Because he hasn't played rugby in a year and was already pretty past it when we signed him. There's really no point.

Was it a 1 year deal? (Probably knowing World Cup cycle)

if he’s under contract - just waste of money telling him to sit at home.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

I thought he was signed to French side

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)

Lmao, where are these "false sexual allegations", by all remarks he had a sexual altercation with a woman whilst his wife was pregnant. Is this the sort of player we want wearing the Green and Gold and representing our country? Seems your beliefs are drastically different from mine.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Lmao, where are these "false sexual allegations", by all remarks he had a sexual altercation with a woman whilst his wife was pregnant. Is this the sort of player we want wearing the Green and Gold and representing our country? Seems your beliefs are drastically different from mine.

he was found innocent.

when it comes to blokes and sexual allegations it’s always “guilty until your found innocent but names been dragged thru the mud so might as well keep calling them guilty”