• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 4, Saturday 7 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It's probably the most significant indictment of RG, that for the second time he has no plan B should Quade be injured. (Which unfortunately for Australian rugby is what has happened)

To do so once is a misfortune, to do so twice looks like carelessness.

Yeah, you look a game plans/systems and you don't see one at the Reds.

I wouldn't presume to do a direct comparison between AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Cooper in importance to their respective teams, but i will when comparing the buy-in to the systems.

The Tahs have a system and buy in, the reserves understand it and their roles

As to the game, the Tahs very rusty, but they will be better for the run and their defence? Bloody good,bloody angry

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Anyone heard more about the comments made on Fox after the game, that all of the positional changes were necessitated by JOC (James O'Connor) fronting RG 90mins out from kickoff and saying he didn't feel comfortable playing 10?

Quite a turn of events if true.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone heard more about the comments made on Fox after the game, that all of the positional changes were necessitated by JOC (James O'Connor) fronting RG 90mins out from kickoff and saying he didn't feel comfortable playing 10?

Interesting if it's true. Much as I dislike his coaching, I have to admit poor old RG is at the stage where if it wasn't for bad luck, he'd have no luck.

T

TOCC

I'd be surprised if such a conversation did take place and even if it did I would be more surprised if this were then passed onto the Foxsports presenters...

I'm calling bullshit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)

I don't understand the reasoning that goes into making such drastic changes right before a game.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
According to RG after the match O'Connor didn't train on Monday and that's when they decided Frisby was the flyhalf until Cooper is fit.

Why was JOC (James O'Connor) named at 10 in the team announcement on Thursday?

T

TOCC

According to RG after the match O'Connor didn't train on Monday and that's when they decided Frisby was the flyhalf until Cooper is fit.

I thought it was a tactical ploy, a bad one but I would be surprised if the Reds weren't training with Frisby at flyhalf all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

I must admit - as a big fan of QC (Quade Cooper) - to feeling a bit sorry for him in March 2015:

- he's just seen a guy who's played virtually zero rugby for the Reds fined less than he was in 2012 for his 'offence' of referring to the Wallabies set up as 'toxic', even though in the former case a repeated drug-related criminal offence was admitted

- that same player was named VC of the Reds ahead of QC (Quade Cooper) despite again zero Reds time and little rugby record

- the media and QRU pressure will undoubtedly (but unfairly) be on him to 'turn a disappointing season around' when he soon returns to the team

It can't be likely the Reds will ever see QC (Quade Cooper) again after June 2015.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
...and any new head coach worth his salt will want carte blanche freedom over the choice of all his support coaches, he will surely insist upon no 'forced inheritances'.
Would that really be likely? Anyone taking over a team in dire straits midway through the season is probably getting either a promotion or a much needed job.

It might be the ideal situation to make all their own appointments, but the reality is probably take it or leave it as far as the job is concerned and for the most part deal with the assistants you are working with.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Would that really be likely? Anyone taking over a team in dire straits midway through the season is probably getting either a promotion or a much needed job.

It might be the ideal situation to make all their own appointments, but the reality is probably take it or leave it as far as the job is concerned and for the most part deal with the assistants you are working with.

BH - I was/am certainly not advocating a rushed approach to appoint the next Reds head coach within this season; in fact, see my various posts today, exactly the opposite. The QRU board must have the patience and objectivity to find a new coach of proven quality and proven results delivered. Another L-plate learner like RG with a weak track record would likely be Disaster No 2.

The new coach of the calibre I'd want will take time to secure and will certainly have sufficient stature and, in signing his deal with the Reds, bargaining power to insist on his complete freedom to choose and appoint all his support coaches on their merits as he assesses them.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
At the start if season the backline were world beaters. Add in JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt and we were going to sweep all before us. To sum it up now - they are terrible.

Gully was ok. There were 3 world class props on the field. Tahs had 2 and we had 1.
TPN is light years ahead of Saia in scrummaging ability.

RG has obviously lost the team. I don't think he ever had the support anyway and in all honesty probably should never have been appointed. Carmichael might be as busy as an. Indian telemarketer this week

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
At the start if season the backline were world beaters. Add in JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt and we were going to sweep all before us. To sum it up now - they are terrible.

Gully was ok. There were 3 world class props on the field. Tahs had 2 and we had 1.
TPN is light years ahead of Saia in scrummaging ability.

RG has obviously lost the team. I don't think he ever had the support anyway and in all honesty probably should never have been appointed. Carmichael might be as busy as an. Indian telemarketer this week
Doesn't matter who the props are with koetze and mcdulling in the second row and it doesn't matter who the backs are with Frisby at 10

Status
Not open for further replies.