• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Blues MOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
3 Robinson
2 Slipper
1 Higgers

Thought Digby lacked vision. Put huge pressure on the Blues defence and had them backtracking, but it wasn't just once, but a few times when he could have passed

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Its really hard to nail down standouts in these Reds wins isn't it?

3 Digby Ioane
2 Ben Daley
1 Scott Higginbotham

But it could have gone to puh-lenty of others

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
No need to wait. Let go of your hatred. Embrace your inner Red. Love them. You know you want to.....

I'm from NSW but I gladly support the Reds whenever we're not playing them. I've never had any hatred of the Reds for some reason. When I was a kid my favourite players all seemed to be Queenslanders (Horan, Eales, Little). Plus my mum is from Townsville so I grew up in a very pro-Queensland household. And how can you not like the way the Reds are playing now? They're like the Wallabies of the Super 15. (Exciting backs, solid locks and loose forwards, a front row that makes their own fans nervous, and a general style of play that makes you want to watch them, and want them to do well) And I hate to say it, but NSW remind me a bit of England.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Know what you mean Bryce. Always hated the brumbies because they were good. Don't exactly love the reds, but it's not the same feeling

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
3. Ioane
2. Genia
1. Higginbum

Honourable mentions to - Horwill, Robinson, Samo, Simmons, Daley and Slipper.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
3 - Genia
2 - Digby
1 - Robinson

HM - Higgers, Horwill, Cooper (he actually made a few tackles tonight)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
3. Genia
2. Tapuai
1. Digby.

Most players deserved points except the front row got creamed in the scrums again - this time on THP.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
3. Beau Robinson
2. Scott Higginbotham
1. Digby Ioane (As others have said, would have got more if he'd passed in the right places)

Plenty of other contenders, not a dud performance in the lot.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
3, Diggers
2, Cooper
1, Higgers

Could have found reasons to give points to everyone

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
3. Ioane- devastating every time he touched the ball. Looked in great form and I really believe the best role for him in the Wallabies is the roving winger role he played for the reds last night
2. Higgers- put genuine lineout and defensive pressure on the blues
1. Tapuai- mainly because of his first half performance- sured up the reds midfield defence and showed some classy touches and option taking.

I also really liked what I saw of Schatz in his 10min cameo. Strong defensively even at Super rugby level and found ways of slowing or pilfering blues ruck ball at crucial times

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Higgers - must be seriously close to wobs number 6 if Elsom doesn't hit the ground running if/when he gets back
Cooper - very good general play as always, better kicking options, 7/7 goal kicks and probably the best he has tackled in a long time, if ever - not perfect but a much better performance
Ioane - best open play runner in Aus and much better suited on the wing then OC, lets hope deans sees it this way. If he and Mitchell are fit for the WC it will greatly improve our chances.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
3. Genia
2. Tapuai
1. Digby.

Most players deserved points except the front row got creamed in the scrums again - this time on THP.

Yes but the work daly and slipper do around the rucks in defense and attack is something to behold and was a big reason the reds had the better if the breakdown.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
3. Scott Higginbotham
2. Will Genia
1. Digby Ioane

Honourable Mentions: James Horwill, Quade Cooper (He actually made a few tackles!), Beau Robinson (Surely he's Pocock's back-up by now) and Radike Samo.

W

WB3

Ioane - tough gig man, manages to make numerous breaks/half breaks, had 6 tackle busts after 11 runs and people are criticising him for not passing enough. I'd say if he had passed a couple of times the game would have been near perfect, but surely still deserves the points for being a menace in attack and defence.
Higgers - had a great game in tight and showed some skill in loose play. Involved in 2 great first half tries.
Cooper - Was nearly flawless (a couple of errors near the end) but that hardly mars a great game. Distributed well and seemed to organise the reds attack very well, pushing men into the appropriate spots (particularly in the first try in which he scored). Great kicking game aside from one penalty that didnt go out.

Honourable mentions to the whole forward pack, Shipperly, Genia and Fainga'a in the backs. Robinson probably deserves a mention in particular.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
3. Digby
2. Samo
1. Cooper for the 1st try but more specifically his 7 from 7 with the boot. He's copped a fair bit of shit this season over his goal kicking but landing them from everywhere got us over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.