• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies - Rd9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
So, what's the consensus on 12. Ant 13. Taps 11. CFS?

I get that Taps has had 2 good games in a row at 13 now but I still can't help but feel we would get a lot more mileage out of 12. Taps 13. Ant

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)

I get that Taps has had 2 good games in a row at 13 now but I still can't help but feel we would get a lot more mileage out of 12. Taps 13. Ant

Vely tlicky - I still think CFS should play 13. That's his position,he's big and breaks through/around tackles.
But Confucious say, 'three players into two positions only possible in Karma Sutra', which is what would happen if CSF plays 13 :confused:

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Sounds like the Brumbies starting XV will be:

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Fardy
5. Staniforth
6. Smiler
7. Butler
8. Mowen
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Coleman
12. McCabe
13. Kuridrani
14. Tomane
15. Mogg

Not sure of the bench though

Scotty

David Codey (61)

In attack I think the Taps at 13 lineup is better. In defense I would have Ant at 13.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I was starting to feel more confident. Don't worry, seeing the Brumbies side has quelled any optimism.

Here's to a fast game, lots of tries, precision and physicality. May the best side win.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Fardy
5. Staniforth
6. Smiler
7. Butler
8. Mowen
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Coleman
12. McCabe
13. Kuridrani
14. Tomane
15. Mogg

Moggy's hammy ok? Personally, I thought Whetton might start with Tom on the bench in his first game. Big call to put him on against the current Wallabies' locks.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Those Brumby centres are going to have Ant and Taps on their toes all night. They will need to have a good night and get their reads right otherwise I can see the Brumbies bagging a few 5 pointers.

As lacklustre as we have been though, on paper they are two quality teams and if we come out firing this could be a game for the ages!

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Moggy's hammy ok? Personally, I thought Whetton might start with Tom on the bench in his first game. Big call to put him on against the current Wallabies' locks.

Mogg starting makes me think he was just cramping up last week.

Good to see To'omua is fit and Lealiifano gives real quality to the bench.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The abc put this up.
Brumbies: Jesse Mogg, Joe Tomane, Tevita Kuridrani, Pat McCabe, Robbie Coleman, Matt To'omua, Nic White, Ben Mowen (c), Jarrad Butler, Jordan Smiler, Tom Staniforth, Scott Fardy, Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, Scott SioReserves: Siliva Siliva, Ruan Smith, JP Smith, Jack Whetton, Lachlan McCaffrey, Michael Dowsett, Andrew Smith, Christian Lealiifano

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The abc put this up.
Brumbies: Jesse Mogg, Joe Tomane, Tevita Kuridrani, Pat McCabe, Robbie Coleman, Matt To'omua, Nic White, Ben Mowen (c), Jarrad Butler, Jordan Smiler, Tom Staniforth, Scott Fardy, Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, Scott SioReserves: Siliva Siliva, Ruan Smith, JP Smith, Jack Whetton, Lachlan McCaffrey, Michael Dowsett, Andrew Smith, Christian Lealiifano

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Good to see Sio and Moore back. Will be a good, solid scrum and platform for an attacking game plan. Reds should not be underestimated, otherwise we could have another Rebels result on our hands.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Fardy
5. Staniforth
6. Smiler
7. Butler
8. Mowen
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Coleman
12. McCabe
13. Kuridrani
14. Tomane
15. Mogg

I thought JP smith would start as Sio been out a while but happy to see him back

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Fardy
5. Staniforth
6. Smiler
7. Butler
8. Mowen
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Coleman
12. McCabe
13. Kuridrani
14. Tomane
15. Mogg

Staniforth over Whetton is a huge call. Maybe its the right call but Whetton is going to be hugely pissed off, probably enough to send him home next year.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
To be fair, Staniforth had trained with the side during the pre-season and possibly even the last one too so knows the basic structures.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

I think RG's got it right.. ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.