• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Bulls - Rd6

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I'm surprised no one has predicted the Reds to "win one for the Gipper"
after Link was confirmed to be moving on at year end.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Link said on TV that Gill was still touch and go, Radike no chance but Horwill and A Fainga'a should be right to play.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sidebar: Somehow I can't get the well known energy drink out of my mind when I see this Thread title.

This weeks prize:

red-bull-cup.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think everone "knew" Link was moving on at end of 2013 but just hadn't been confirmed.
Question is: WHOSE JOB WILL HE GET ?
Nucie or Deans.
Personally think he will be wallaby coach.
If so, reckon some under-performers (and there is quite a few) will get the chop for EOYT, new guys get a brief and he will have the team HE wants by EOYT 2014 just in time to prepare the assault on 'Bill"

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Only trouble is Emu, I not convinced that Samo the kind of player to worry Blues, Reid runs of mauls and rucks a little bit wider and tends to come from deeper than Samo does.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Unfortunately, Samo is still on the injured list apparently, so that puts an end to that suggestion.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Where's Crofty playing at the moment? That's what you do right? If your star openside goes down with a crook knee, you just pluck some old washed up champion from Japan or something and they come back playing every bit as well as they did in their prime? ;)

Disclaimer: Not saying Croft is or was as good as Smith - just making jokes.

Has been done before. (Croft was awesome in the ARC)

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
I really want the reds to play well and win, get some vibe back but I'm struggling to see that happening this weekend

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I've had enough of the betting crap before the Aussie games. Get rid of it fox.

It really is out of control. the NRL too. They look at the TAB odds during the telecast. Australia has a horrible gambling culture. Personally I love a punt, but i dont agree with it becoming a part of the show.

It feels like i see more of Tom Waterhouse these days than i do actual footy.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Bulls named:

BULLS: Zane Kirchner, Lionel Mapoe, JJ Engelbrecht, Francois Venter, Bjorn Basson, Louis Fouchè, Jano Vermaak, Pierre Spies (c),Dewald Potgieter, Deon Stegmann, Grant Hattingh, Paul Willemse, Werner Kruger, Chiliboy Ralepelle, Mornè Mellett.​
REPLACEMENTS: Willie Wepener, Frik Kirsten, Juandrè Kruger, Jacques Potgieter, Ruan Snyman, Mornè Steyn, Jan Serfontein.​
(Thanks Bull Azul).​

Surprising selections from Ludeke! Lot of big names out and he's gone for youth.

Steyn on the bench - hard to believe - also Kirsten and J.Kruger.

Ndungane, Olivier, A.Botha, and van der Merwer are missing.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I guess we'll find out.

It's almost a cleanout. But I would have thought Steyn starting was a locked-in certainty.

Strong bench, though.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bulls named:

BULLS: Zane Kirchner, Lionel Mapoe, JJ Engelbrecht, Francois Venter, Bjorn Basson, Louis Fouchè, Jano Vermaak, Pierre Spies (c),Dewald Potgieter, Deon Stegmann, Grant Hattingh, Paul Willemse, Werner Kruger, Chiliboy Ralepelle, Mornè Mellett.​
REPLACEMENTS: Willie Wepener, Frik Kirsten, Juandrè Kruger, Jacques Potgieter, Ruan Snyman, Mornè Steyn, Jan Serfontein.​
(Thanks Bull Azul).​

Surprising selections from Ludeke! Lot of big names out and he's gone for youth.

Steyn on the bench - hard to believe - also Kirsten and J.Kruger.

Ndungane, Olivier, A.Botha, and van der Merwer are missing.

That Botha non-selection is a killing Fantasy league blow. He'd been massive so far, especially in the official ARU comp where they'd listed him as a prop.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Weirdness. But there are a lot of injuries.

We have to give the young locks exposure. Juandre Kruger leaves the Bulls at the end of the season. But why not start him with one of the greenhorns?

Kirsten got minced last week. No surprise to have Werner Kruger back.

Wynand Olivier, Flip vd Merwe and Ndungane are injured and back in SA already.

So that leaves really only Arno Botha and Steyn.

Botha is a weird one. Form player. Why rotate him?

Steyn was really shit last week. Missed tackles, didn't kick well out of hand and offered nothing. Dropped if you ask me. Fouche as a replacement leaves me very underwhelmed. He is a good Currie Cup player. That's it. It's time to move on but the real successor, young Pollard, should be starting.

Great to have Basson back.

About the locks:

Willemse was nicked from the Lions. Was an u/2o Bok last year. Very good potential and built like a tank. http://www.bluebulls.co.za/profile.aspx?pid=1034&team=Senior

Hattingh was nicked from Western Province via the Lions. Very athletic. Extremely good line out player. http://www.bluebulls.co.za/profile.aspx?pid=1781&team=Senior

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
About the locks: Willemse was nicked from the Lions. Was an u/2o Bok last year. Very good potential and built like a tank. [URL said:
http://www.bluebulls.co.za/profile.aspx?pid=1034&team=Senior[/url]

Hattingh was nicked from Western Province via the Lions. Very athletic. Extremely good line out player. http://www.bluebulls.co.za/profile.aspx?pid=1781&team=Senior

How many babies does that first lock eat for breakfast? That is a bloody big unit. The second lock sounds like he is in the Victor Matfield mould the way you describe him Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.