• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Chiefs, 7:45pm Friday, April 29 2022 @Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Don't seem to get good mileage out of any of these 3 for some reason. (P, V and D)
Does Vunivalu need to talk to Shane Watson? Two blokes with unbelievable rigs, but so injury-prone. Watson realised he needed to ease off in the gym a bit, to improve his durability. Perhaps Vuni needs the same.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Excited to see Aubrey get a run though. Maybe a bit earlier than expected/would've liked, but will be nice to see how he stacks up on the big(ger) stage
What would have been really nice would have been to see Vunivalu against the Chiefs backline to find out if he's ever going to be any good. Based on all the evidence to date you would think that his hamstrings won't stand up to this class of rugby and he needs to retire permanently.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
What would have been really nice would have been to see Vunivalu against the Chiefs backline to find out if he's ever going to be any good. Based on all the evidence to date you would think that his hamstrings won't stand up to this class of rugby and he needs to retire permanently.
Nah, this is a poor take.

Not sure why you're still waiting "to find out if he's ever going to be any good" - pretty sure his ability has been well and truly established. Vunivalu's last outing against the Chiefs: 58min, 1 try, 10 runs for 82m, 4 clean breaks, 3 defenders beaten.

Injuries happen in professional sport, it's the nature of the beast. Maybe he is more prone to them, maybe they haven't been managed properly to this point so keep recurring, maybe it's just bad luck - who knows. What is certain is that he's a player that makes an impact.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
So Pocock should have retired when he had his first couple of knee injuries?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Managing his body? He barely did anything last week, plus he's a winger, not like their bodies go through huge demands.
I’m not completely disagreeing with you - but I was surprised how many clean outs he did.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Excited to see Aubrey get a run though. Maybe a bit earlier than expected/would've liked, but will be nice to see how he stacks up on the big(ger) stage
Looks like he moves very well with the football in hand, excited to see he him break some ankles on debut.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Managed to pick up the work member tickets for tonight. Not sure the Chiefs would have been the game I chose, but what the hell. Let's go Reds.

What does everyone recommend for a feed up Caxton St way before the game. Mrs Dru is with me so I need to make a night of it.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Managed to pick up the work member tickets for tonight. Not sure the Chiefs would have been the game I chose, but what the hell. Let's go Reds.

What does everyone recommend for a feed up Caxton St way before the game. Mrs Dru is with me so I need to make a night of it.
Take your brolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.