• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Chiefs, 7:45pm Friday, April 29 2022 @Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well, maybe if the Reds actually played the game within the rules and executed their plays properly, the referee might have a better time allowing the game to actually break out.

Just a thought.
Quiet please, this narrative fails to subscribe to the heroic and brave and innocent Reds groupthink on display in this thread.

**FINAL WARNING**

FFS the kiwi ref gave the Reds a try when the bloke clearly dropped the ball over the line, what more do you want?

"Mummy, mummy, it's the kiwi ref's fault our scrum is getting mangled".

"Mummy, mummy, the stupid biased kiwi ref made our dopey drongo players kick the ball away for the whole game".

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
No. We need all the sponsors we can get.
The way the game is going with such leaders as World Rugby and SSSAAANNNZZAARRR or whatever their new name is, I’d say the sponsors will go when inevitably the crowds can’t be buggered turning up

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Paul Williams is shocking. The scrum penalties are 50 50 but always went one way.
The intentional knock down ? The cheifs player passed the ball the the reds player who played at the ball and knocked it on. Wasn't even an interception attempt.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
If it was a kiwi forum the narrative would be the opposite about the ref. A kiwi team is going to understand how the rules are interpreted by a kiwi ref. The game had its moments but the whole forcings back crap was super tedious. Tate put up a box kick when Dangunu took the ball into the ruck. Who’s gonna chase it? The LHP jogged after it. But it was caught totally uncontested. Creighton showed flashes of something when he wasn’t kicking the ball away

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Reds lost that with a limp game plan. Kick possession away and hope for the best. No team has ever won with that plan. Maybe in League but not in Union.
The possession and tackle stats were ridiculous , you rarely win a rugby game without the ball .

Tate said in the post match interview that discipline cost them the game and they stuck to the game plan . Previously would have been concerned with the issue of discipline. Right now more concerned with the game plan , that was a big miss for me tonight……. Righto we finally got the ball off those fuckers , let’s kick it back to them ……

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Quiet please, this narrative fails to subscribe to the heroic and brave and innocent Reds groupthink on display in this thread.

**FINAL WARNING**

FFS the kiwi ref gave the Reds a try when the bloke clearly dropped the ball over the line, what more do you want?

"Mummy, mummy, the stupid biased kiwi ref made our dopey drongo players kick the ball away for the whole game".
Who's side are you on, anyway?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I get that the game plan was frustrating, but I don’t really think that m’s why they lost. I actually thought it created more than enough chances to win. The Reds turned over a lot of ball at key times and gave too many penalties under pressure.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thorn sabotaging Rennie by playing Tupou injured to sneak into the Wallabies job?

(this is a joke, sort of)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

**FINAL WARNING**

Clearly ? Hahaha. Clearly he did not
No idea why everyone is talking about the reds kicking. They only locked 5 times more than the cheifs. They played like a kiwi side. Kick a lot

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Poor scrum time referring. Don’t know how you can penalise a bloke for pushing sideways if his opponent hits the turf almost immediately. I’d like to think game plan instruction to Lawson was to kick every time he has space which was not the way to go, plenty of space to run with good quality outside backs, didn’t even give Daugunu a chance to contribute to unforced errors like last week.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What I'd be filthy is with Tupaea stripping McReight of the ball on the ground in the tackle. McReight was tackled, Tupaea stripped it, players have been binned for identical actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.