• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Reds just not got it together this season. Hard to see them long in finals footy when we get to it.
And you know what? I reckon they doing it to make me look a fool. (they don't need to try hard). I was telling everyone in 2019 that Reds were going to beat everyone by this year. They just seem to of lost their way.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would think it now hard for Reds to get home semi or whatever. And I think RN is right Tahs actually look to be form team at moment.
I think brumbies the clear top oz team, tahs improving to move ahead of the reds. Yeh agree hard to see reds get home semi.

The reds are not bad but just missing that click for the individual brilliance of Tate, Mcreight etc

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Massive wake up call for this Reds squad. Forget injuries, they’ve been very disappointing. I don’t know what our attacking structure is but it’s ineffective. We seem so flat footed. No threat. We lack game sense too. I think the coaching has to come under real scrutiny.

I think we have a massive issue up front. Fotuaika and Zander are dinosaurs as props. Just big. Not athletic. Not dynamic. Not at the level required. I thought Fa’agase was more impressive.

Lawson had his poorest game too. Properly really cost us.

Positives are only the continued quality of Tate, Fraser, Seru and Wilson.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was excellent in his return. Asiata was very good. Flook fine at 13. Campbell much improved and Petaia as dangerous as he has been all season.

But bits and pieces performances in the 23 is just not good enough.

Thankfully we play Pacifika because otherwise we’d be looking at a long run of losses to end the season.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Massive wake up call for this Reds squad. Forget injuries, they’ve been very disappointing. I don’t know what our attacking structure is but it’s ineffective. We seem so flat footed. No threat. We lack game sense too. I think the coaching has to come under real scrutiny.

I think we have a massive issue up front. Fotuaika and Zander are dinosaurs as props. Just big. Not athletic. Not dynamic. Not at the level required. I thought Fa’agase was more impressive.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was excellent in his return. Asiata was very good. Flook fine at 13. Campbell much improved and Petaia as dangerous as he has been all season.

Thankfully we play Pacifika because otherwise we’d be looking at a long run of losses to end the season.
Reds are less than the sum of their parts lately.

fish59

Frank Nicholson (4)
Earlier in the season if they had a turn over they were generally pretty lethal and often scored. Tonight when they got one they acted like headless chooks and no one seemed to know what to do!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's like you blow your load beating the Brumbies at home and haven't kicked on..tough lose, hopefully get JOC (James O'Connor) back next week and have a crack at the blues

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Second week in a row we've looked clueless from a game plan. I can understand trying to play Territory, but you've got to have kick chasers and put pressure on the opposition.

Feels like we're back in the 08/09 dark period again. Too many underdeveloped players in the starting team and nothing from the reserves either.

Uru was the only reserve I thought who injected anything into the game.

Hope Harry bounces back in a couple of weeks. Look horrifying from the ground to see him go instantly limp.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was excellent in his return. Asiata was very good. Flook fine at 13. Campbell much improved and Petaia as dangerous as he has been all season.

We will lose to Pacifika as well.

There is nothing to suggest we will beat them at the moment.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Start off with a massive haven’t watched the game yet disclaimer. The last 10 years the reds have always seemingly pulled out a win against the Highlanders at Suncorp, even against much better sides than this years Highlanders group. Very surprised at the result…

tragic

John Solomon (38)
The missing players can’t be used as an excuse. Too many silly mistakes, too many poor errors and not enough effort off the ball.
Yeah they can
4 wallabies injured in 4 of the most important positions on the park.
They did their best but the replacements weren’t up to it. Depth is the perennial issue.
Full strength, different result

Reactions: TSR

dru

Tim Horan (67)
We were schooled tonight, and not by a very good team, and not by a team that maintained 15 players on the field.

I'm not seeing what Vunivalu offers over someone like, Grealy. No I've not been smoking.

Plenty of the usual prospects did fine. In patches. Have to agree about game plan, what actually is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.