• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Refereeing decisions

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just a comment that came to mind, was watching sports news , and see in soccer wc how many people going crook about reffing etc, so it seems it all sports and not just rugby? I know this is about rugby refs, but just thought we should take note it seems an awful lot of fans in sports are unhappy with refs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And soccer has about 3 rules so we should feel fairly satisfied that rugby refs get it right as often as they do ;)

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just a comment that came to mind, was watching sports news , and see in soccer wc how many people going crook about reffing etc, so it seems it all sports and not just rugby? I know this is about rugby refs, but just thought we should take note it seems an awful lot of fans in sports are unhappy with refs.
We're seeing a level of access to footage and decision making - as well as a barrage of others' opinions on those decisions - that we've never had before, thanks to social media and on-demand content. The increased questioning of, for lack of a better word, 'decision makers' isn't unique to just sport either.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
We're seeing a level of access to footage and decision making - as well as a barrage of others' opinions on those decisions - that we've never had before, thanks to social media and on-demand content. The increased questioning of, for lack of a better word, 'decision makers' isn't unique to just sport either.
Yep mate, I don't think we seeing bad refs as you say, just more footage and opinions on social media etc, and agree it's in a lot of things.

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)

Another shameless plug - the rules/directives and what impact I think they’ll have on professional rugby

Reactions: gel

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
couldn't agree more-the in goal is part of the feild-a no go area

Where else do the reserves warm up?

I agree that it's far from ideal but generally it's the only place possible. A lot of the Northern Hemisphere grounds that are shorter with tiny in-goals make it even worse.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
How does the 60 penalty kick rule work?
Penalty being awarded.JPG

Penalty awarded at 57.21
Penalty being kicked.JPG

Being kicked aver 60 seconds later.

When does the 60 seconds start?

Reactions: dru