• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Robbie's Replacement

Who do you pick for next Wallabies coach ? (You get 2 votes)

• Phil Mooney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy Friend

• Chris Hickey

• John Mitchell

• Ewen McKenzie

• Todd Louden

• Michael Cheika

• David Nucifora

• Jim Williams

• Michael Foley

• Tim Lane

• Alan Gaffney

• Jake White

• Eddie Jones

• Alan Jones

• Stick with Deans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OZGOD

I think it's pretty simple. Our players, by and large, are just shit basically. We don't really have any world class blokes who would make a World XI team other than Gits, Smith and maybe Rocky. The rest of them range from mediocre to good but not great. We have a revolving door policy in key positions due to player inconsistency (e.g. tighthead, scrumhalf, No8). We have no continuity.

S

steiner

Geez, only about a quarter of people think Deans should stay? I'm surprised by that and am definitely a part of that minority.
Any structure that isn't working needs to be dismantled and rebuilt in a different fashion. Deans is doing that , but it takes time!

All good things come to those who wait.........Patience, people!

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
OZGOD said:
I think it's pretty simple. Our players, by and large, are just shit basically. We don't really have any world class blokes who would make a World XI team other than Gits, Smith and maybe Rocky.

Yeah, and we're shit at cricket now too ;)

O

OZGOD

naza said:
OZGOD said:
I think it's pretty simple. Our players, by and large, are just shit basically. We don't really have any world class blokes who would make a World XI team other than Gits, Smith and maybe Rocky.

Yeah, and we're shit at cricket now too ;)
Don't remind me mate :angryfire:

O

OZGOD

The problem is we have no hard men in our pack anymore, nobody to put the fear of God into the opposition bastards. Obviously technical skills are important but nobody is scared of us, they reckon we're a bunch of pussies. Nobody fucked with our pack when we had Fat Owen at blindside in the early 2000s or Vickers at lock. If any fucker tried to slow the ball down they would get ground into corned beef. Now the only bloke they're scared of is Rocky.

Instead we ended up having an accordion like Al Baxter or a rolling onut like Fatt Dunning lol. Let's import some 10yo Boer beef and give them citizenship so that 10 years from now we have a decent set of bookends in the scrum. We have some honest triers in Robinson, Alexander etc but are they really going to be anything other than decent but not outstanding?

I think we have some genuine class in the 10-12 axis in Gits and Barnes but since Gregan (shit as he was towards the end) retired and Whits was told to fuck off we haven't had a real class player in that position who has had any longevity. We've had an airport lounge of blokes in that position in the past few years, no one snapperhead good enough to make the spot his own so we put someone in, he performs in one game out of four so we drop him and try some other bloke out and they do the same thing and we just keep with the cycle.

I think our outside backs are reasonably decent but again other than Mortlock and maybe AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) there's no proven class there, O'Connor looks to be a find but let's see how he's going around in another year or two to see if he ends up with second year syndrome. Then you have Mitchell, Hynes and Turner who are brilliant one day shithouse the next.

All that said, I'm prepared to give Dingo a go. Let's face it he's not exactly working with 24-carat diamonds here. Let's give the bloke an opportunity till the 2011 WC. If he fails to deliver then fuck him off and start fresh.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
steiner said:
Geez, only about a quarter of people think Deans should stay? I'm surprised by that and am definitely a part of that minority.
Any structure that isn't working needs to be dismantled and rebuilt in a different fashion. Deans is doing that , but it takes time!

All good things come to those who wait.........Patience, people!
The poll is a bit misleading in that regard - the Deans option was added after 15 or so votes were already cast. Also the question is for the coach AFTER Deans, which could be 2016!

P

Part of the union

Deans has no interest in coaching Australia and the team are all talk

Deans is like the irish and the irish have never beaten the All Blacks. All he does is tell us how good New Zealand are all the bloody time. You might be a New Zealander Deans but you should not be talking like one. These guys are beaten before they get on the field with all the All Black aura rubbish.

As for the team, same old excuse coming our way. A work in progress my arse. See Robbie, can we have an Australian as coach please and some players who want to play for Australia and not just a pay cheque.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Is it time to redo this thread ?

And what are Robbie's chances of remaining Wallaby coach ?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
robbie has to take some blame for it, he has been here over a year now, he knows the players, he does the stats, if we cant match it up front then we need a different game plan, trying to play like our opposition isnt going to win us matches, lets just try something new, if it doesnt work at least were trying!

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
If anything i think Jim Williams job needs to be called into question. What coaching them to do? their technique at the breakdown is terrible.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
louie said:
If anything i think Jim Williams job needs to be called into question. What coaching them to do? their technique at the breakdown is terrible.
I think Thomo was right - apparently Jim DID learn everything about coaching over there. But seriously, he must do something apart from post half-time sound-bites?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
OZGOD said:
I think it's pretty simple. Our players, by and large, are just shit basically. We don't really have any world class blokes who would make a World XI team other than Gits, Smith and maybe Rocky. The rest of them range from mediocre to good but not great. We have a revolving door policy in key positions due to player inconsistency (e.g. tighthead, scrumhalf, No8). We have no continuity.

Firstly, why are they even trying to make the world cricket team, secondly Gits wouldn't make an U14 rep team at the moment, he has been our most underperforming player this 3N.

I reckon the only player that would have a chance of making a world XV is Robinson.

R

rugbywhisperer

Noddy said:
the idiot who voted for Mooney must be feeling pretty damn stupid now.

why - he's available :lmao: :lmao: :fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.