• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 1 - Reds vs Sharks, Suncorp Stadium, Friday 24th February @ 8:00pm AEDT (7:00pm AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
This could be my very very opaque red tinted glasses, but it seems like the Sharks have been getting away with a few high tackles through out the game that should've been picked up under the new laws.

T

TOCC

That's the problem now - you can't aim for the chest. Gotta go lower

And there's the problem, you aim lower and you're committed, you're positioned in a way which makes it difficult to slide.. the rule needs to be reassessed

Concussion prevention is important, but it does nothing to protect players at the rucks where the majority of concussions occur

T

TOCC

It's a decent start, some players really stood up, some others didn't.. combinations are still to click

Really liked the look of Tuttle, Tui and Rodda coming on in the last 20min... that's where the Reds have lost games in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
To be honest I think that was scrappy but as everyone else have said theres a lot of potential there.

I really liked what I saw from Slipper, Douglas (despite the choke slam), Smith (he's still got it), Korzyck (surprised me), Higgers, Duncan, Kerevi, Hunt and Nabuli.

Tuttle, Tui and Rodda were awesome of the bench. I didn't know who Rodda was and was surprised he popped the other Tui for the bench spot but he really impressed!

Tuttle to start next week because Frisby was absolute garbage.

Not impressed with Moore (he's so slow).

Neither here nor there with Simmons and Quade. Some good some bad.

If you can get that 9/10 axis working then the whole team will function that much better.

Most importantly, the team showed good composure to steal the win.

Onwards and upwards for the Reds!

N

NTT

Good start for the Reds. Fitness, skills and defense look a lot better than last season. Some good impact from the young guys on the bench. George Smith looked great. Perese didn't get a run for some reason. Cooper and DP looked better as the game wore on. KHunt looking more like a rugby player after getting that AFL crap out of his system. Goal kicking gets a D minus, otherwise very solid start by the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.