• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 1 - Waratahs vs Hurricanes @ Brookvale - Saturday 16 February 2019

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lucky penalty, that initial counter ruck was good. So many phases 5m out from your own line needing to go 95m to win.

And now another. Canes imploding?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I do not understand what Hanigan does to warrant selection. Completely missing, apart from pressuring in a maul and the usual high work rate of a blow fly bashing fruitlessly on the window what does he do?

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Tahs deserved to lose that game. they were rubbish. Forwards rubbish, attack rubbish, Hurricanes missing players and were patient. Well done to them.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I do not understand what Hanigan does to warrant selection. Completely missing, apart from pressuring in a maul and the usual high work rate of a blow fly bashing fruitlessly on the window what does he do?

I have a theory that his mop of blonde hair makes him standout more to people watching the game.

Or maybe he trains really well.

It's a mystery.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Very few players stood up tonight.

Hanigan should be dropped same with latu.

No attack, lack of go forward (as usual but that is a recruitment issue by Gibson), too much drop ball. Overall just rubbish

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)

I know he goes around
bashing fruitlessly on the window I guess that was his job tonight

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm really, really sick of Australian Super Rugby teams. They just don't seem to believe they can actually beat a Kiwi team, they can get themselves in front but then they just choke. Poor handling, botched set pieces, stupid decision making.

Foley would normally kick that last penalty blindfolded, even with a breeze.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I have a theory that his mop of blonde hair makes him standout more to people watching the game.

Or maybe he trains really well.

It's a mystery.
Only problem with an otherwise good theory is that given he should be so visible the only thing we see of him is knocking on the final lineout (admittedly after getting a penalty jumping at 2 in the previous one). I think I saw maybe two other significant involvements from him in the whole game.

Seriously when the THP who is nearly twcie his age beats him on every metric (maybe not tackles attempted but certainly meaningful tackles made) the backrower really needs to step back to a level that suits him, like maybe reserve grade for a local club side where his fitness could let him shine against blokes whose idea of training is a schooner after work and two before a game.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tahs made too many mistakes to win the game.
What was with the pack in giving away 3 penalties for the same error - engaging too early.
“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action”