• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10: Reds v Force- Saturday April 29 @ Suncorp 7:35pm

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Remind me, is there a bonus point on offer if they went a try? Should they have gone for a try or wind down time?
Were two tries short of a bp at that stage, frustrating not to get it but understand wanting to lock it down. Denying the force one still worth something at this stage too

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
From a force perspective, happy with Tizzano being back, kuenzle looked better at full back, and we have some quality wingers. Swap Naisarani for Wells and Rodda for Williams and a good forward pack. Definitely missed Madrano and Robertson.

also don’t think kaituu won one lineout once he came on, not good enough

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
A better effort than the previous game in round 2. Penalties killed the Force particularly the inexperienced front row after the late changes to the Force team. Would of been great to have Gareth Simpson to spell IFL and Rahboni. Peaks and troughs to be expected from a young team but at least we have found some nice talent. Kibirige, Spink, Kalapu and Tizzano. Just need to keep them long term.

Losing touch with the top 8 now and a tough few games coming up, but I'm liking Crons work and the program he's putting together at the Force.

Last edited:

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Ref has been pretty average. Commentators shocking. Clearly forward pass they whinged about. After a clean out way past the ruck which took out force defender for Tate to run through and then the ref goes back for a penalty that happened 20 minutes ago after the forward pass.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Every other broadcaster for their own leagues displays how many tries have been scored by each team underneath their score. No idea why it's not implemented here.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Reds all on their arse in a maul and then the ref says down by force ? What ? And then knock on mataele ? Hahaha ball went back half a meter.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
A win is a win, but there is nothing in this game to suggest that either team is close to being the best in Australia, or having a better than 50/50 chance to beat a NZ team.

Liam Wright had a great game.....again. I cant feel that he is unlucky to have had the injuries that he has had the last couple of years, he is a great player who seems to be of international quality but will miss out on a Wallaby spot due to incumbency.

I think the call on Campbell obstructing was correct, but I cannot recall the last time a touchie made this call. Is this normal and I miss it every week?

It will be interesting if the Reds can make the finals. We have a hard draw for the rest of the season.

Tahs (H) Townsville
Chiefs (A)
Blues (H)
Highlanders (A)
Drua (A)

I can see 2 possible wins and can easily see 5 losses coming up. It will be an interesting 5 weeks

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Hergerty doesn't offer enough in offence. He needs to be off the bench. But then again prior offeres as much as hegerty does anyway. The ref tonight favoured the home side emensly but the force didn't look like scoring. What made it shocking was when hegerty went off for his knee the Reds player clearly knocks the ball on and no one said anything even after all the replays looking at the hegertys knee. The commentators didn't even mention it.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hergerty doesn't offer enough in offence. He needs to be off the bench. But then again prior offeres as much as hegerty does anyway. The ref tonight favoured the home side emensly but the force didn't look like scoring. What made it shocking was when hegerty went off for his knee the Reds player clearly knocks the ball on and no one said anything even after all the replays looking at the hegertys knee. The commentators didn't even mention it.
Because it went backwards

also Reds had 3 or 4? tries overturned/denied by officials, hardly the evidence of an official favouring QLD ‘immensely’

Last edited:

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Because it went backwards

also Reds has 3 tries overturned/denied, hardly the evidence of an official favouring QLD ‘emensly’
Some of those trys should have been force penalties. And extremely long advantages. When the force has the ball called advantage over after no time at all. It was definately one sided. However, force would never win this game. They look so far off the pace. Poolman shouldn't playing super rugby. Pretty frustrating we have a few players out because of confusions from red card offences that went unpunished during games. As for hegerty, not good enough at this level in my opinion.

Last edited: