• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10: Waratahs v Chiefs. Friday 26th April 7:35 pm

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
That was disappointing after a good showing in the first half. Starting to think Max Jorgensen isn't the saviour at 15. His defence one on one is very suspect (as we should expect given his age and experience). Harrison also offered no more, and possibly less than Edmed at 10. Gleeson is a mere shadow of last year.
It’s almost like we should stop throwing kids in straight out of school and expecting them to be up to it

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Also fuck the Chiefs are grubs. Hope they get nowhere near the title.
They are full of it that's for sure. Not very good sportsmanship. Just cocky and hard to stomach. Good footy team though. Plenty of dog shots in the side of breakdowns to players in defenceless positions as well

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ar the game, good atmoshpere. was great start but the forwards got monstered in the set piece once the chiefs settled in. Old tah habit of falling off after scoring early reared its head.

Also being beaten in the tram tracks for a few tries (again) was tough to stomach.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
20 minutes of excellent work undone by a couple of stupid offloads when we could have just taken it to deck and recycled for tries.

Not DC's fault these people are idiots, or he's down to clubbies for front row these days. See how I pull up after First Grade tomorrow - a broken, unfit 47yo who has already injured everything can't get injured.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
20 minutes of excellent work undone by a couple of stupid offloads when we could have just taken it to deck and recycled for tries.

Not DC's fault these people are idiots, or he's down to clubbies for front row these days. See how I pull up after First Grade tomorrow - a broken, unfit 47yo who has already injured everything can't get injured.
Thought our front row went alright actually. No expert though.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Thought this was a very enjoyable game and the Waratahs played well in places but were probably outclassed man for man.

What’s happened to Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) though? Have we overrated him from one strong season? His decision making in attack is atrocious and actually strange- I’m not convinced he actually adds much.

Neo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Jorgensen is the most over rated player in Australia missed every one on one tackle and Harrison is too timid to player super rugby. The opposition run in his channel and he gets out of the way. The falcon was a real bad look also.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
.....yet the ref and TMO keep reviewing the hits and agreeing that they are in fact legit.

FFS if a Tahs forward was smoking 1st 5"s into next week you'd all be saying its a master class in perfectly timed murder.

Sure, he didnt wrap on Edmed in tonight's one..... only cos Edmed went down faster than Derpus's mum.
I don’t agree he’s making a genuine attempt to wrap. But you’re right the video ref clearly does.

But if Swinton or Swain put those shots on I’m pretty sure lots would be up in arms.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

I'd be keeping an eye on your phone, things can in fact get worse for the tahs front row stocks:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Enjoyed game, thought it went as about I thought. Tahs I thought suffered from front row players they got out. One of the things I enjoyed at end of game how many from both teams were chatting etc, and noticed at handshake time at end of game Holliday waiting for Finau and then them chatting in a way that a couple of players that play fairly hard do, looked genuine mates . But it was good a fair bit of feeling in game, but as I said, evetone looked to be happy as after.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
.....yet the ref and TMO keep reviewing the hits and agreeing that they are in fact legit.

FFS if a Tahs forward was smoking 1st 5"s into next week you'd all be saying its a master class in perfectly timed murder.

Sure, he didnt wrap on Edmed in tonight's one..... only cos Edmed went down faster than Derpus's mum.
Funny thing on it DP, Christy Dorn done an outrage article on it on ROAR, and photo with article shows tackle, Finau hitting him chest, arm wrapping, and ball just left hands!! He needs to learn to edit his photos better to have an effect.
Just on it, was quite impressed Edmed didn't seem to get gun shy after the tackle, so gave him kudos too.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Jorgensen is the most over rated player in Australia missed every one on one tackle and Harrison is too timid to player super rugby. The opposition run in his channel and he gets out of the way. The falcon was a real bad look also.
As far as falcons go, I thought it was a beauty.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

This was easily his best of the year, both in legality and impact. The shoulder has always been a bit of a furphy because he does get the wrap right, his bigger issue has been hitting late and getting away with a bit because the processes are so focused on head contact. This tackle was bang on time though.

I don't mind him getting away with a bit right now either - hopefully he's spending all his luck on getting the all blacks 6 jersey only to be red carded in the first 10 minutes of a bledisloe match later this year.

Steve_Grey

Ward Prentice (10)
Jorgensen steps in too often in defence, leaving the outside man - classic school boy trait, seen often at Colts level as well. Agreed that his one-on-one tackling is sub-standard.

Should spend the rest of the season in Shute Shield - expensive lessons to learn.