• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 11 Chiefs V Force

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
How is it a mark when not only are you off your feet when you catch it but you then proceed to carry the fucker into touch?
Rule got changed years ago, same as you can take it in air. In proper rugby laws you used to have one foot on ground, but was changed years ago. Same as when you catch it call mark and then go to touch.. I liked the days when you had to have one foot planted.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting comment by Cron after the game in Hamilton. He said he felt Force just can't compete with 3 teams as they are just too good in forwards etc. Canes, Blues and Chiefs, he feels they can compete with rest of teams.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Interesting comment by Cron after the game in Hamilton. He said he felt Force just can't compete with 3 teams as they are just too good in forwards etc. Canes, Blues and Chiefs, he feels they can compete with rest of teams.
Maybe we should.get.better forwards and then this competition would be OURS!

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Rule got changed years ago, same as you can take it in air. In proper rugby laws you used to have one foot on ground, but was changed years ago. Same as when you catch it call mark and then go to touch.. I liked the days when you had to have one foot planted.
If you go back far enough, you could make your mark and get a free kick whenever you caught the ball from the opposition, intercepts, knock-ons etc it didn't need to be a kick.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Referees. U have to love them. Penalties to the force for marginal offsides that you can't see on tv but allow the chiefs to seal off the ball and throw line outs a meter.

Foot clearly in touch but the TMO must be blind. You can see the boot damage the grass on the touch line! Wtf angles to they watch

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
2 bad games in a row where the team had poor discipline and just didn't seem interested. Compare the last 2 games with how they tackled and muscled up against the Crusaders. Just a different team. Don't think IFL is the answer at 9. Missed Nic White and his competitiveness

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Cheifs surely need to at least attempt to throw the line out in sort of straight. Force competing and have no chance as its always on the outside shoulder of the chiefs lock

Force attack isn't up to scratch to score points. Need to vary the attack a bit. Maybe some kicks in short or something.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
2 bad games in a row where the team had poor discipline and just didn't seem interested. Compare the last 2 games with how they tackled and muscled up against the Crusaders. Just a different team. Don't think IFL is the answer at 9. Missed Nic White and his competitiveness
Fines has gone backwards emensly this year. Such a shame

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Its rugby in NZ. There are no rules. You don't even need to ground the ball for a try.
It's so true. The game is very fast and the ref, refs so differently. Favours the way NZ play in a big way.
Cheifs charge down a kick and the ref says it's into our own player and accidental offside hahaha.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
In NZ when the game gets officiated like this you have to be a very skillful team to compete. The ref was penalising the force for lots of things the chiefs were doing but for some reason didn't penalise the chiefs. Even with this being consistent we still get flogged.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If you go back far enough, you could make your mark and get a free kick whenever you caught the ball from the opposition, intercepts, knock-ons etc it didn't need to be a kick.

You could also attempt a "drop goal from mark" & I think it was worth more than a regular DG, certainly as much as or more than a try at the time.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You could also attempt a "drop goal from mark" & I think it was worth more than a regular DG, certainly as much as or more than a try at the time.
Yep and I remember an AB playing for Baabaas doing exactly that WOB. 63-4 tour of Great Britain, Don Clarke dropped kick out for a 25yd, ball was caught and marked by his brother Ian (who was playing prop foer Baabaas), Ian then did a droppie to get the Baabaas only points in I think was a 36-3 win to ABs.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
We are going all over the place dates wise here, but at one time it didn't even need to be a dropkick. You could do a place kick, but the opposition could charge it as soon as it hit the ground.

There used to be a holder like NFL for these kicks