• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 12: Reds v Rebels Fri 12th 7:35PM @ Suncorp

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I actually not too sure on this one. In my picks I have got Reds, and then stop and think Rebels have been pretty good, and on reflection I not convinced the Reds win against Crusaders is such a great benchmark. I genuinely thought the Reds desreved to win, but kind of thought a real good team would of put that Crusaders team away by a bit more? Keeps this game interesting anyway.
It's interesting you say that because I think the Crusaders at home are still one of the harder teams to beat. They have some of their better players returning.. plus they beat the Rebels 39 -0 and lost to the Reds.

I think it should be a Red's win, but it could be a banana peel if not taken seriously.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good chance for Les Kiss to show his coaching chops here. This is our first return fixture of the year and by all accounts he was filthy with the points we left out on the field, particularly in the first half. Should be looking for an improvement there and a more ruthless performance playing at home.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
think it should be a Red's win, but it could be a banana peel if not taken seriously.

I imagine that if the Reds get out to a quick start ie up by 17+ in the first 20 minutes it'll be a blow out.

If the Rebels can hold on to be within 7 within 20 minutes to go I can see the sneaking a win especially with Vunivalu being on the wing which has been our downfall over the last fortnight.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
It's interesting you say that because I think the Crusaders at home are still one of the harder teams to beat. They have some of their better players returning.. plus they beat the Rebels 39 -0 and lost to the Reds.

I think it should be a Red's win, but it could be a banana peel if not taken seriously.
Counter to this......The Tahs beat them away

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think you have a lot more faith in the Rebels than I do, particularly without LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and neither Proctor or Feliuai (I'm not a huge fan of his, but the structure he provides is potentially very important) available in the available in the centers.

I don't expect this one to be close without several individuals (particularly our ex Reds) putting in blinders.
Fair enough mate, could be just second guessing my picks. I got Crusaders beating the Clan, and Canes beating Blues (of course) so I not overly convinced about a few of them.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

As with Highlander mate, you could well be right, I have just thought when the Crusaders have been bad they have been awful this year. I got worried when Blacadder was out and then Barrett going etc. In no way takes away from how well Reds played, but back of my mind Crusaders losing to Force and Tahs (twice) shows how bad they have been with a few out.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Reds by 20+ at home tonight.

The Reds will be humming after the win last weekend. Sure it was a limp dicked version of the Crusaders, but the historical element of the win will have been hammered home this week by Kiss and no doubt he'd have the alumni singing praises.

With 4 rounds of the regular season to go in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific), I feel like the Rebels players may start feeling the pressure of the club situation a bit more. Say what you want about players 'blocking out the noise' but the reality is there is potentially a big shift coming and whether the players feel that pinch in a way which pushes them positively or negatively we will have to wait and see. But it didn't look great last weekend.

capalaba

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Reds pack has been terrible, multiple penalties, no organisation around the breakdown. We are getting raped by the Rebels forwards.