• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 12: Reds v Rebels Fri 12th 7:35PM @ Suncorp

capalaba

Herbert Moran (7)
Happy wit the win, being honest it was a very poor display. Forwards did not step up, Kiss.and the Coaches have to take a good hard look at the team. Forwards are not dominant.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wasn't a knock on from the previous line out against the Reds either. Give and take, ifs and buts, ebbs and flows...
End of the day the rebels high performance and coaching staff are incompetent. To go into a game with one hooker

They burn money flying a third hooker up and play in the QPR. Did Dobbins forget his boots? Absolutely farcical

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Reds won it by smart ball control and territory to start that half when it was pretty clear they were sluggish. Rebels didn’t touch the ball until the 70th min.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Rebel man carm down, that match they showed heart. Playing a game with 1 hooker, the yellow card was the difference. Reds killed us when we were down a man
Agree. I thought Ekuasi had a great game on the effort front. Canham once again was similarly industrious.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Big call I know but Tim Ryan is showing Campesesque skills! His speed and jink to make Kellaway look stupid was great winger skills.
He's looking the goods, and certainly best of the wingers on show tonight. But that was a god-awful non-attempt (probably won't even earn a missed tackle stat it was so poor) by Kellaway after he was turned inside out earlier by Campbell. He is not the safe last line of defence many on here claim. Better on the wing.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
End of the day the rebels high performance and coaching staff are incompetent. To go into a game with one hooker

They burn money flying a third hooker up and play in the QPR. Did Dobbins forget his boots? Absolutely farcical
Mafi was shaking hands post game in his reserve jersey. Is there a time limit before kick off you can nominate a change in players?

I

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Agree. I thought Ekuasi had a great game on the effort front. Canham once again was similarly industrious.
Canham was massive. Reckon he would have easily topped the tackle count, and probably also the carry count and metres gained after contact. Easily the best of the locks tonight. Ekuasi also finished on top of Fraser imo.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Mafi was shaking hands post game in his reserve jersey. Is there a time limit before kick off you can nominate a change in players?

I
You'd have to think something like this occurred - Horwill mentioned Talakai was nominated as the (required) reserve hooker. For a player not to come onto the bench for Mafi - even if not another front rower - there must have been a reason out of their control.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)

I
Nup before the first whistle from memory. Harris did his string 90 seconds before kick off in Perth years back and we pushed Hodge to 10 and added someone to the bench

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
10,800 and change for the attendance, would have expected better, but the Reds were really crap in the 1st half and managed to do just enough to win in the second.. That has to be one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen in a long time though...

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Bad sign
1000053290.jpg