• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13!!!!!, Crusaders v Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Ooft that elbow to Kurtleys jaw may as well have been to whats left in the Australian publics interest in the game eh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Well, I've followed the Tahs for well, most of my life. Through thick and thin. But this loss has finally achieved something I never thought possible. I'm done. I cannot justify investing any more time on this team. In fact, I'm done with Australian Rugby. Fuck'em.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
How the f***! do you loose from 29pts ahead. FFS!

need this one mate?

hitlergif_zpsdynyupku.gif
"..... it's ok, we can skip a replay of the last hour,
NSFW were up 29 to nil by then....."

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow we were up 29 to 0 and lost by what score.....

Lack of self belief....

Sad....as would have been a great way to break the NZ hoodoo....

Yeh there are some bigger issues in Australian professional rugby but lack of self belief is one of them as evident by today's game which we should have won....No we lost this game, threw it away through lack of self belief.... rather than Crusaders winning it....But Crusaders equally have the self belief we lack to come back from this...which says something in itself....

Waratahs are good enough to beat the best Super Rugby sides but lack self belief...............

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wow we were up 29 to 0 and lost by what score...

Lack of self belief..

Sad..as would have been a great way to break the NZ hoodoo..

Yeh there are some bigger issues in Australian professional rugby but lack of self belief is one of them as evident by today's game which we should have won..No we lost this game, threw it away through lack of self belief.. rather than Crusaders winning it..But Crusaders equally have the self belief we lack to come back from this.which says something in itself..

Waratahs are good enough to beat the best Super Rugby sides but lack self belief.....

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's lack of self-belief. It's lack of composure, and at times skills. They kept having a crack all day, but that included a 30 min period from 30-60mins where they committed too many errors and made some really poor decisions. The way they attack tells me they have the belief. But they have too many deficiencies.

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
What an appalling refereeing display. Waratahs deserved winners of that game Ben O’Keefe only wanted one team to win. TMO should have stopped the first try. Crusaders scrum at the end were just boring in, no attempt to go forward. Also pushing before the ball many times should have resulted in short arms to the Tahs. Finally, Folau jumps to get a ball at kickoff in second half and taken out the same way he “took out” the Crusaders player in first half. But no penalty.

Sorry, but I have never been so angry at An inept performance by the ref. The fact that Fox Sports brought it up is a pretty good indication of how one sided Ben was. I have never seen Nick McArdle so riled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's lack of self-belief. It's lack of composure, and at times skills. They kept having a crack all day, but that included a 30 min period from 30-60mins where they committed too many errors and made some really poor decisions. The way they attack tells me they have the belief. But they have too many deficiencies.

I think there is correlation with what you are saying....mental side and lack of self belief leads to poor decisions, composure and at time skills. Self belief - creates calm and confidence in execution...

Crusaders have self belief despite poor decisions to not let it rattle them....difference for Tahs who are not use to seeing they can win from impossible situations in recent years....

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^ when you lose from 29-0 up & your 5/8 missed a coupla fairly gettable penalties I'm not so sure you should start whinging about the ref. Looks a bit like you're whinging when you do that.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What an appalling refereeing display. Waratahs deserved winners of that game

Nah......... the Crusaders were the better team all game.

The Waratahs capitalised well on some 'saders turnovers for a few tries early in the match, but the 'saders always looked like they were going to come back from that.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^ when you lose from 29-0 up & your 5/8 missed a coupla fairly gettable penalties I'm not so sure you should start whinging about the ref. Looks a bit like you're whinging when you do that.

It's easy to blithely dismiss it when you lot win, but then you sound like you reckon Moody's action, and say, the tip tackle were all fine and dandy, and neither deserving of any action. Which doesn't really fit with how such things have been officiated all year.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I seem to remember a stat on-screen that had the Tahs giving away a huge number of penalties and missed tackles. If correct, there's your difference right there. We needed all refs decisions to go our way when we give away possession and territory.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Lemme preface this lil rant i'm about to embark on by saying i've only seen a 5 second clip of the match, so yeah.

I fuckin got carded today in subbies for trying to trip some fluffybunny. Let me tell you, that ref must have had fucking hawk eyes because i was on the opposite wing to him when i tried to pull that shit and the touchy was from my club. Lets put a little contrast in.

How the fuck do three fluffybunnys who get paid actual legal tender miss this:

Excuse the terrible video.

I genuinely hope those fluffybunnys were on the take because it is completely, utterly fucking unacceptable. A World Rugby directive that an intentional blow to the head is dangerous play that warrants a red card and they don't notice? It wasnt even off the ball for god sake. How did they miss it? HOW?

That was the action of a player who was dead certain he would not be reprimanded. It's not fucking good enough.

So yes, you Kiwis can bang on about how we always blame the ref. You know what we'll do? we'll watch something else. SANZAAR better be prepared for higher Shute Shield crowd attendances than Super Rugby because it's coming and shit like this is why.

Anyway, now that the rant is over: how the fuck did we drop a 29 point lead? I'd say it's pathetic but its still probably our best performance all season.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
That tip tackle was a yellow card.
And he just ignored every penalty that the crusaders gave away. They were offside. Off their feet. The tahs went off their feet and got penalised twice for it. Absolute joke

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lemme preface this lil rant i'm about to embark on by saying i've only seen a 5 second clip of the match, so yeah.

I fuckin got carded today in subbies for trying to trip some fluffybunny. Let me tell you, that ref must have had fucking hawk eyes because i was on the opposite wing to him when i tried to pull that shit and the touchy was from my club.

How the fuck do three fluffybunnys who get paid actual legal tender miss this:

Excuse the terrible video.

I genuinely hope those fluffybunnys were on the take because it is completely, utterly fucking unacceptable. A World Rugby directive that an intentional blow to the head is dangerous play that warrants a red card and they don't notice? It wasnt even off the ball for god sake. How did they miss it? HOW?

That was the action of a player who was dead certain he would not be reprimanded. It's not fucking good enough.

So yes, you Kiwis can bang on about how we always blame the ref. You know what we'll do? we'll watch something else. SANZAAR better be prepared for higher Shute Shield crowd attendances than Super Rugby because it's coming and shit like this is why.

Anyway, now that the rant is over: how the fuck did we drop a 29 point lead? I'd say it's pathetic but its still probably our best performance all season.
If the result was the other way around 100% the kiwis would be blaming the ref as the sole reason the saders lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.