• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13 Rebels v Chiefs - Friday 17 May at AAMI at 7:35pm EST

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Massive game 6th v 4th, the Rebels have the Highlanders breathing down our necks.

It is the Rebels' last home game of the season. Sadly, as we head into the ground we won't know if it is the Rebels final home game ever.

All Rebels fans past and present (and Rugby fans in Melbourne in general) please get along to the game.

I think the Rebels will have a decent crack but history would suggest that the Chiefs will be too strong over 80 minutes.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Winning this would be huge for Aussie Rugby, would nearly cement Rebels in 6th and Brumbies in 3rd, an all Aussie quarter final and at least one Aussie team into the Semis.

Imagine, Phil Waugh and company actually needing to support the Rebels this week in the best interest of Australian Rugby.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Starting Team

1. Isaac Kailea

2. Jordan Uelese

3. Sam Talakai (c)

4. Tuaina Taii Tualima

5. Josh Canham

6. Josh Kemeny

7. Brad Wilkin

8. VaioliniI Ekuasi

9. Ryan Louwrens

10. Carter Gordon

11. Darby Lancaster

12. Nick Jooste

13. Filipo Daugunu

14. Lachie Anderson

15. Jake Strachan

Reserves

16. Ethan Dobbins

17. Matt Gibbon

18. Pone Fa’amausili

19. Angelo Smith

20. Maciu Nabolakasi

21. Rob Leota

22. Jack Maunder

23. Glen Vaihu

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
McKensie and Stevenson return. Gulp

CHIEFS (1-15): Aidan Ross, Samisoni Taukei’aho, George Dyer, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Tupou Vaa’i, Simon Parker, Kaylum Boshier, Luke Jacobson (c), Cortez Ratima, Damian McKenzie, Etene Nanai Seturo, Quinn Tupaea, Anton Lienert Brown, Emoni Narawa, Shaun Stevenson

RESERVES: Bradley Slater, Jared Proffit, Reuben O’Neill, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Wallace Sititi, Xavier Roe, Josh Ioane, Rameka Poihipi

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hmm..the Roar is also named Kellaway.

They've seemingly copied the rugby.com.au page, but the Rebels media release specifically mentions Strachan at fullback.

But it's strange there's no mention of Kellaway's absence.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hmm..the Roar is also named Kellaway.

I imagine they're just working off the same list as rugby.com.au with the same error.

FWIW the Rebels article specifically called out Strachan at 15:
Darby Lancaster makes another start on the wing alongside Lachie Anderson, connecting with Jake Strachan at fullback.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Someone over at rugby.com.au is likely doing some lazy copy and pasting when formatting the team lists for the week...

It's certainly not the first time they've done it.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Written by former GAGR writer Nathan Williamson...

Hmm...might need some Lee Grant style training.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I hope Rebels at least turn up for this. A limp performance to usher in the end of an underwhelming existence would be the icing on the shit sandwich.