• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13 : Reds v Drua 18 May (Fiji)

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The big question will be how drained the team is after Fiji against a pumped up Force.

I am not so worried about this - I think our three best players over the last month have been Faessler, Flook and Tim Ryan. We get a lot of points from them.

All of them should be in the starting side again for the next game and relatively fresh after a week off (kinda re Ryan).

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Geez Shig, second trip, second card, hence red. And he did make contact to the foot.

I suspect both occasions were simple natural reactions. As understandable as that is, the YC and then the RC were the only answers.
Yellow card all day for the trip. And second a red for suee. But he didn't trip him the second time. He tried and failed

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
The fact that Vunivalu can be beaten so easily in defence is what leads to this sort of 'reflex' action. The guy is a defensive liability even without any illegal actions, and is easily brought down by defenders in attack.

capalaba

Herbert Moran (7)
Vunivalu's problem is that he pinches innon D and leaves his Wing exposed, if he hadbthe speed to slide then that's fine, issue is he doesn't have the speed and he is always "biting" to pinch in rather than covering his man.

Why the hell Kiss and the Ciaches not addressed this is an issue with poor analysis.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Neither of the trips was him defending on the wing though. They were both covering tackles because the Drua had split the Red's defense right up the middle.

I think he just doesn't trust his hammies when getting stepped front on and having to change direction quickly. He gets in horrible positions to protect them, with a leg hung out to be tripped over