• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 14 : Reds v Force 24 May (Suncorp)

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I can see what your pointing out. Just watched it again. He didn't play at the ball, was cleaning out but his hand does look like it touches the ball and it goes forward
Yeah Stewart places it back into the Force hand you can see above the ball in the frame before this and it rolls forward, then McReight rakes it - correct decision
1716776166939.png

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lads I've genuinely been trying to not whinge a heap about refs this year. I know it goes both ways and if you just look at one team you can always find a heap of penalties and decisions go against them. It's a curse being a wallabies and force fan. We lose that many games and when I'm always looking at it one way in going to have a lot to whinge about as we lose so often.

As I said before. The force were smashed in this one and it's one of their worst performances this year. In fact the worst. No doubt about it. Genuinely positive about the reds as I love Aussie rugby and want to see the wallabies and Aussie teams do well.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah Stewart places it back into the Force hand you can see above the ball in the frame before this and it rolls forward, then McReight rakes it - correct decision
View attachment 19031
Yep. A lot of tmos would need more evidence than that this year. I've seen some terrible calls as the TMO says it's not 100 percent clear and obvious and they stick with the onfield decision. There was even one where the ball wasn't even grounded but the TMO was saying he can't tell if it was grounded as it was so close so he stuck with the onfield decision. That's why I was a bit more pissed off about this one. I agree after watching again it does look like 13 knocks it on when cleaning out.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Lads I've genuinely been trying to not whinge a heap about refs this year. I know it goes both ways and if you just look at one team you can always find a heap of penalties and decisions go against them. It's a curse being a wallabies and force fan. We lose that many games and when I'm always looking at it one way in going to have a lot to whinge about as we lose so often. As I said before. The force were smashed in this one and it's one of their worst performances this year. In fact the worst. No doubt about it. Genuinely positive about the reds
@RugbyReg clearly trying to drum up GAGR site traffic by logging into Shiggers account and posting under his name here.

When will it ever end.

hawko07

Frank Nicholson (4)
Very good game for the reds! R. Smith had a great game, ripping into everything. Was good to see Hoopert go well too, I thought he was pretty good for the Force

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yes I know, pains me to give him so much praise!

Was talking to my old man after the game (himself a Brothers old boy, I am the black sheep) who was quick to point out there are 6-7 Brothers players in the Reds best 15 this year. They have done a great job with the current era of players.
IMG_8348.jpeg

Reactions: TSR

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Hahaha yes mum. That comment isn't even a whinge. It's a joke from a stat that's posted. Did I say it was the refs fault we lost this game ? I don't think I've said a ref has caused us to lose once this season.

The reds did get a lot of 50/50s go their way but as I said Murphy was rewarding the attacking team and the force did hardly any of it.

The only blunder was the no try call at the end of the first half which of course wouldn't of made a difference.
Your comments use up valuable time & space unfortunately. Don't try to justify your rants.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Sorry Emu - I’m not with you on this one. It’s a fan forum - we need more passionate fans. If they happen to be obsessive / unhinged rather then passionate is that a bad thing.

I actually miss a lot of the more unhinged fans on here. Things were pretty entertaining when two of them got into it.

Last edited:

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I enjoy Shiggins post… especially Shiggins 2.0 who has reigned in the criticism

What really tickles me is when he watches games on delays but posts in the thread as if it were live. Its a game of trying to understand what infraction he is blowing up about.
Hahaha that's so true.