• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 15 of 15: Force v Brumbies Sat 1st 7.35PM (AEST) @ HBF Park

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
1716754734343.png

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
After the completion of Rd 15

Three-week playoff format involving the top eight teams on the overall competition table with quarters, semis and final as follows:
  • Quarter-Finals – 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 with the top-ranked team hosting
  • Semi-Finals – top-ranked quarter-final winner hosts against lowest-ranked quarter-final winner & 2nd highest ranked quarter final winner hosts 3rd highest ranked winner
  • Final – top-ranked semi-final winner hosts the other semi-final winner
Quarter Finals - Friday 7th & Sat 8th June
Semi Finals - Friday 14th & Sat 15th June
Final - Friday 21st June

Last edited:

Yoda

Tom Lawton (22)
After the completion of Rd 15

Three-week playoff format involving the top eight teams on the overall competition table with quarters, semis and final as follows:
  • Quarter-Finals – 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 with the top-ranked team hosting
  • Semi-Finals – top-ranked quarter-final winner hosts against lowest-ranked quarter-final winner & 2nd highest ranked quarter final winner hosts 3rd highest ranked winner
  • Final – top-ranked semi-final winner hosts the other semi-final winner
Quarter Finals - Friday 7th June
Semi Finals - Friday 14th June
Final - Friday 21st June
What happens if 8 Beats 1? Is that it for 1?

Yoda

Tom Lawton (22)
Good news on Schoupp, but I hope Slipper is the only rested player for this game.
The Force have dropped off after that last game but usually bounce back at home. Except for a couple of dubious ref calls earlier in the year, the Force would have had the Brumbies in Canberra. Brumbies to win if they play their best. Would want to going into the finals.

The Force have dropped off after that last game but usually bounce back at home. Except for a couple of dubious ref calls earlier in the year, the Force would have had the Brumbies in Canberra. Brumbies to win if they play their best. Would want to going into the finals.
My money is on the brumbies

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I always like to see the Force do well and normally would support them over the Brumbies, but the Brumbies are still a chance of finishing top 2 right? Albeit relying on some upsets? If so I hope they get up - I’d love to see an Aus team with the best possible finals run.

Yoda

Tom Lawton (22)
I always like to see the Force do well and normally would support them over the Brumbies, but the Brumbies are still a chance of finishing top 2 right? Albeit relying on some upsets? If so I hope they get up - I’d love to see an Aus team with the best possible finals run.
My sentiments also although if Brumbies don’t beat the Force it wouldn’t go well in the finals. The Kiwi sides are much tougher.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Saturday 1 June 7:35 PM AEST – Western Force v ACT Brumbies at HBF Park, Perth, ad-free, live and on demand on Stan Sport and Nine Network

FORCE (1-15):
Ryan Coxon, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Sam Carter, Izack Rodda, Jeremy Williams (c), Carlo Tizzano, Reed Prinsep, Nic White, Max Burey, Ronan Leahy, Hamish Stewart, Bayley Kuenzle, George Poolman, Kurtley Beale

RESERVES: Ben Funnell, Marley Pearce, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Lopeti Faifua, Will Harris, Michael Wells, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Sam Spink

BRUMBIES (1-15): Blake Schoupp, Billy Pollard, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Nick Frost, Tom Hooper, Rory Scott, Rob Valetini, Ryan Lonergan, Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Tamati Tua, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Harry Vella, Sosefo Kautai, Cadeyrn Neville, Luke Reimer, Harrison Goddard, Jack Debreczeni, Ollie Sapsford

Referee: Ben O'Keeffe

Assistant Referees: Stu Curran, Jackson Henshaw

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Saturday 1 June 7:35 PM AEST – Western Force v ACT Brumbies at HBF Park, Perth, ad-free, live and on demand on Stan Sport and Nine Network

FORCE (1-15):
Ryan Coxon, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Sam Carter, Izack Rodda, Jeremy Williams (c), Carlo Tizzano, Reed Prinsep, Nic White, Max Burey, Ronan Leahy, Hamish Stewart, Bayley Kuenzle, George Poolman, Kurtley Beale

RESERVES: Ben Funnell, Marley Pearce, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Lopeti Faifua, Will Harris, Michael Wells, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Sam Spink

BRUMBIES (1-15): Blake Schoupp, Billy Pollard, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Nick Frost, Tom Hooper, Rory Scott, Rob Valetini, Ryan Lonergan, Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Tamati Tua, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Harry Vella, Sosefo Kautai, Cadeyrn Neville, Luke Reimer, Harrison Goddard, Jack Debreczeni, Ollie Sapsford

Referee: Ben O'Keeffe

Assistant Referees: Stu Curran, Jackson Henshaw

Wow a few changes there for the Force. Wasn't sure if Coxon was still around or was just injury cover. He was good previously but disappointed to see Hoopert missing. I like the second row and backrow, Will Harris deserved to be dropped, has been disappointing. Going to miss Donaldson. I would still prefer to start Spink and Kuenzle on the wing, assuming Tiatia not available

whitefalcon

Jim Clark (26)
Is Donaldson injured?

EDIT

Seems so

"Max Burey will start at fly-half with Wallaby Ben Donaldson to miss due to a tight groin while front-rower Ryan Coxon also comes into the XV with Harry Hoopert unavailable due to a calf injury."

Last edited:

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
10 and outside backs is a huge problem for the force. They literally have to bash the Brumbies up front for 80 minutes and defend the best we have seen this year for a chance. Not looking good.

Brumbies may as well rest some players.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
10 and outside backs is a huge problem for the force. They literally have to bash the Brumbies up front for 80 minutes and defend the best we have seen this year for a chance. Not looking good.

Brumbies may as well rest some players.
Like last year.... I think not