• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Chiefs v Brumbies - 3 March 2024

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
CHIEFS (1-15): Ollie Norris, Bradley Slater, George Dyer, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Tupou Vaa'i, Samipeni Finau, Kalyum Boshier, Luke Jacobson (c), Xavier Roe, Damian McKenzie, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Rameka Poihipi, Anton Lienert-Brown, Liam Coombes-Fabling, Shaun Stevenson

RESERVES: Samisoni Taukei'aho, Jared Proffit, Reuben O'Neill, Naitoa Ah Kuoi,, Simon Parker, Cortez Ratima, Josh Ioane, Daniel Rona

BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Sosefo Kautai, Nick Frost, Tom Hooper, Rob Valetini, Luke Reimer, Charlie Cale, Ryan Lonergan (c), Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Ollie Sapsford, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Billy Pollard, Blake Schoupp, Rhys Van Nek, Cadeyrn Neville, Jahrome Brown, Harrison Goddard, Declan Meredith, Tamati Tua

Referee: Jordan Way

Assistant Referees: Mike Winter, Dan Waenga

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Sefo Kautai in to start in place of Rhys van Nek and Harrison Goddard on the bench in place of Klayton Thorn. I thought Thorn had a very good input in the game last week. Wonder if he has a niggle?

Chiefs extremely hard to go past, but Brumbies to win in a 'get even' for the semi loss last year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sefo Kautai in to start in place of Rhys van Nek and Harrison Goddard on the bench in place of Klayton Thorn. I thought Thorn had a very good input in the game last week. Wonder if he has a niggle?

Chiefs extremely hard to go past, but Brumbies to win in a 'get even' for the semi loss last year.

I believe Goddard would have been on the bench last week if not for injury…

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Melbourne sports fans react to a 3-day festival of top flight rugby being played in their city:

full

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Doleman very consistent with how he was reffing the Reds v tahs last week. Brumbies will need to get the tacklers clear much faster if they want to compete over the ball.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Chiefs back 3 had it all over the Brumbies in the kicking duel last time, looking to exploit that mismatch again. Won them good field position and they turn it into points.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Very poor crowd, this should be moved to Allianz or Suncorp next year
It's so disappointing given the quality of the rugby this weekend. If we really want crowds though it might need a stint in New Zealand or ideally Fiji. Brisbane might be too condensed with Magic round and Sydney has never been reliable for turnout. Needs to be managed by the competition properly though, can't just be sold ad hoc to an events promoter.