• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Rebels v Force 8pm - 1st March

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Battle of the bottom of the table, both teams looked rubbish on the weekend after what seemed promising during pre-season.

Hoping for the Rebels to actually hold onto the ball and apply pressure in the red zone, completely failed to do so against the Brumbies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Feels like the Force are really going to struggle with the strength of the Rebels scrum after there problems with the Canes. If the Rebels can just settle their play down otherwise they should have strong base to build some pressure off of and take the game away from a very injury depleted Force. Still need to do something about the lineout, but the Force's wasn't exactly fantastic either with all there lock injuries.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Feels like the Force are really going to struggle with the strength of the Rebels scrum after there problems with the Canes. If the Rebels can just settle their play down otherwise they should have strong base to build some pressure off of and take the game away from a very injury depleted Force. Still need to do something about the lineout, but the Force's wasn't exactly fantastic either with all there lock injuries.
Rebels should be too good in the forwards. Carter to bounce back. Both teams will have something to prove though so hopefully it will be a good game.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The Force appear to plan to bring over a very very extended squad and the Super W team, who'll play down at Moorabbin at Midday and 2pm respectively on the Saturday.

Unfortunately doesn't work for me, Saturday is the nominated "no rugby" day, with Super Round Friday and Sunday (plus Glasgow overnight)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The Force appear to plan to bring over a very very extended squad and the Super W team, who'll play down at Moorabbin at Midday and 2pm respectively on the Saturday.

Unfortunately doesn't work for me, Saturday is the nominated "no rugby" day, with Super Round Friday and Sunday (plus Glasgow overnight)
Weekend away for me sadly, was excited to watch some winning rugby for once.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Weekend away for me sadly, was excited to watch some winning rugby for once.
I missed last Friday, watched it on my phone at Hop Hen brewery, will miss the first game Friday as it clashes with kids bball game and will head straight to AAMI from there.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I still believe in the Rebels and think they'll be too strong for the Force. Lineouts might be a dogs breakfast, with Rebels having strength in the locks but haven't got a hooker who can throw straight or to a target consistently, while the Force are a bit short in the locks.

I think last weekends games showed the Rebels have some attacking flair but just lost or turned over too much ball. The Force will not be exerting the same pressure in defence as the Brumbies did, so I reckon we'll see some good tries scored by the home side.

However, if the Rebels don't show real improvement then I think it will be an indication that they've pretty well signed out for the season.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The forwards I wouldn't shake up too much other than swapping Mafi and Uelese. Lineout aside, I don't feel they were pushed around too much by the Brumbies, just, like all 23 players, fucked up ball in hand and in defensive alignment. Maybe someone swaps out for Tualima, maybe Ekuasi or Tupou (if fit) starts.

Dunno what's up with Proctor, but I don't think the structure supports the strengths of our key backs without him there. If he's fit I have him straight in for Anderson, and let Jooste drop out of 23. If not then I would seriously consider a full rejig: neither Kells nor Daugunu fired a shot in the first half until they had the opportunity to play a little more outside. I'm not committed enough to say exactly what that looks like, but Mason, Jooste or Strachan, as underwhelming as they may be, might unlock a bit more from our bigger names.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
FORCE (1-15): Ryan Coxon, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Williams, Thomas Franklin, Michael Wells, Carlo Tizzano, Will Harris, Nic White, Ben Donaldson, Chase Tiatia, Hamish Stewart, Sam Spink, Harry Potter, Max Burey

RESERVES: Feleti Kaitu’u, Charlie Hancock, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Tim Anstee, Lopeti Faifua, Ollie Callan, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, George Poolman

Ryan Coxon Tasman Mako loosehead prop, a surprise pick to start.
Wiliams back in starting team and Kaituú replaces Funnel

Wilson

David Codey (61)
REBELS (1-15): Matt Gibbon, Alex Mafi, Taniela Tupou, Josh Canham, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Josh Kemeny, Brad Wilkin, Rob Leota (c), James Tuttle, Carter Gordon, Filipo Daugunu, David Feliuai, Matt Proctor, Lachie Anderson, Andrew Kellaway

RESERVES: Jordan Uelese, Isaac Kailea, Sam Talakai, Tuaina Taii Tualima, Vaiolini Ekuasi, Ryan Louwrens, Jake Strachan, Nick Jooste

Maunder dropped right out of the 23. Brutal but not unwarranted.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Glen dropped, Proctor in with Daugunu to wing, Tupou and Mafi start with Talakai and Uelese dropping to bench. Maunder gorn.

Lachie will be better for the run last week, but I'm not sure I would have kept him in the starting jersey ahead of backing in Vaihu.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Glen dropped, Proctor in with Daugunu to wing, Tupou and Mafi start with Talakai and Uelese dropping to bench. Maunder gorn.

Lachie will be better for the run last week, but I'm not sure I would have kept him in the starting jersey ahead of backing in Vaihu.
Thought Anderson was terrible last week and Glen good in bursts. Agreed.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Thought Anderson was terrible last week and Glen good in bursts. Agreed.
He was very clearly underdone after having gotten no more than 20, 25 minutes of low intensity work in the Drua trial. Don't know what was going on with Proctor and if that catapulted him in, but he always should have been reintroduced from the bench.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Williams back in is huge and hopefully the ring in prop has been around for a bit training with the team

rebels should dominate the forwards but forces backline better if they get a chance

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Williams back in is huge and hopefully the ring in prop has been around for a bit training with the team

rebels should dominate the forwards but forces backline better if they get a chance
Ryan Coxon was playing for the crusaders a few weeks ago against Bristol and for Tasman Mako last year. So limited time with the squad but here’s hoping he goes well

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Thank fuck Gus Gardiner is not reffing our match. My TV would have been in serious danger of multiple blunt-force trauma.

So, who have we got...[check notes] Nic Berry...

Please, someone shoot me.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
My ticket for the game is yet to unlock the QR code. It says it will unlock 48 hours before the game and we are close to 24 before. I'm getting a bit nervous that I won't be able to get in.

Anybody else got the same issue?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Few have reported it. Perhaps ring Ticktek, or even bombard RA with calls to get this fixed.

(Yes I know they don’t have any involvement, but as our “owner” it would be nice they hear our feedback)